XP user accounts

Kazoon

Is there a way to stop people from creating a new user account? I have young kids and a parental program I am using and it works great...one flaw, I created a new account and it does not have the parental program on the new account! It will be a matter of time until they figure that out. So I want to be able to disable the option of creating a new account.

Washrag

Is there a way to stop people from creating a new user account? I have young kids and a parental program I am using and it works great...one flaw, I created a new account and it does not have the parental program on the new account! It will be a matter of time until they figure that out. So I want to be able to disable the option of creating a new account.

I'm not sure about turning off new account creation, but also be sure to disable/delete the guest account, which can be turned off and on in control panel.

patrickv

Are your kids admin ?
Just make them guest.
Log in as guest, configure the Parental Program, go in C drive where you installed it. (since you are the admin that would be easy).
windows often have this thing whereby when programs are installed from admin or whever they
sometimes don't get displayed in other users

Last edited:

Kazoon

Yes I installed program in the admin account...I will password protect that and let the kids use the guest account...thanks for the help.