xp work but not vista?

UpskirtHayley

i need help!

3 computer on same network. cable connection. wired. buffalo router. dlink modem.

comp 1:
- xp sp2
- pentium4 3.0ghz HT
- 512mb ram
- x300se

comp 2:
- xp sp2
- athlon64 3200+ winchester
- 1.5gig ram
- x850xt

comp 3:
- vista premium 32bit
- x2 4400+
- 3gig ram
- x700 pro

problem:
when i play an online game called drift city on comp1 and comp2 i can login and get in the game and everything but once i get to the battlezone all cars are less.... wont load all cars/players it seems lagg. when i get to the race room it took awhile to load up rooms. i get sudden disconnect often. i also lay an online game called grand chase and i can login and get to the game and everything but once im in the loading screen it takes forever.... jus freeze there.

...... but when i play these games on comp3 it works flawlessly. i am thinking it has to do with the router and port.... cuz i think way back i was messing around with the router setting.

does anyone have any idea? and can someone show me the default setting of the router? and how do i go to my router setting? i forgot.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt its the router. The Vista machine has 3 gb of ram, most likely your games require more memory. or you could have software/hardware issues on the first 2 machines. Did the first 2 ever work correctly playing those games?