Xpertvision 8800GT

llcoolsu

Iv got the above card and first wanted to know does it come with a uprated cooler..im pretty sure it does?

Other thing is im overclocking it and keeping a eye on temperatures..they seem to stay around 49C..

So far iv got them at

core 700

Memory clock setting 980

and the shader which is linked at 1784

Problem im having is when i move the memory clock to 985 the pc just freezes...is that as far as it can go:confused:and how do people have theirs around the 1500 mark because the xpertvison tool dosnt even go that far?

My power supply is 700watts
q6600 Not overclocked
P5n-e SLI motherboard..

Timo

There is no way anyone has the memory speed of an 8800GT above 1500 because that would mean an effective speed of 3000mhz! Though if you meant a total of 1500 effective speed that would be an underclocked card.

Keep in mind that the speed you are setting for the memory is being doubled. So you're effectively running your memory at 980*2 which would be 1960mhz... Which is 160mhz faster then standard if I am correct. Though I have seen higher that even, do mind; it's a carefull ballance, look up what other reviews have done :)

llcoolsu

There is no way anyone has the memory speed of an 8800GT above 1500 because that would mean an effective speed of 3000mhz! Though if you meant a total of 1500 effective speed that would be an underclocked card.

Keep in mind that the speed you are setting for the memory is being doubled. So you're effectively running your memory at 980*2 which would be 1960mhz... Which is 160mhz faster then standard if I am correct. Though I have seen higher that even, do mind; it's a carefull ballance, look up what other reviews have done :)

ahh...so is my OC already good enough? Just cant push it further...wanted to run crysis full screen:( the 8800GT dosnt seem to be enough for 1920x1200:(

:S i can run crysis on my computer at 1920x1200 on high with x2 at 30 fps
i have a E4500 2.2GHz ecs 650I mobo and 2GB 6400 ram and windows xp and ofc a msi 8800gt 512mb

lovely?

really? because i find it hard to run at all high and textures at vhigh with no antialiasing, and i have almost the exact same computer as you.

llcoolsu

mine will only run on very high when iv got it so its not full screen...if i just lower the resolution and put full screen looks rubbish...i did manage to get this settings file a while back which helped and certain drivers which were made for the 8800GT and crysis..but 1920x1200 is hated by crysis:(

Kornowski

VIP Member
Unlink them, you can then adjust them seperately...

I can't get my Memory over 1000 on my GTS, so maybe 980 is the highest you can go, which isn't half bad!

Your core may go up a little higher, 750 maybe... And your shader, 1800, around there.

I have my GTS @ 800/2000/1000.

llcoolsu

Unlink them, you can then adjust them seperately...

I can't get my Memory over 1000 on my GTS, so maybe 980 is the highest you can go, which isn't half bad!

Your core may go up a little higher, 750 maybe... And your shader, 1800, around there.

I have my GTS @ 800/2000/1000.

ahh il try that..what i dont get is how you got the "2000" how is that calculated:eek:

llcoolsu

ahh i just realised on most programms the order is different lol on mine it goes

core clock
memory clock
shader clock

Does it matter if the memory is just at 980 and i keep pushing the rest up 5 at a time untill i find the limit of them or should i not go too far if the memory can only reach 980?... Iv managed now

Core clock 770
Memory clock 980
Shader clock 1960

And i think i can take it further but is there any point:D

llcoolsu

I dont know which programm is best to stress the graphics card in vista x64 but iv used Real-time HDR IBL and the furthest i can go without the "display driver stopping responding" is

Core 755
Memory 980
Shader Clock 1915

I can go higher but under that programm it crashes if i go further...also temperatures are around 64c under stress hope thats fine:eek:

On the programm i have it running at 1670x1010 with around 48FPS and its set to 16x multisample (can someone explain what multisample is) If i lower the multisample it seems to rub higher resolutions lol..

Timo

64 stressed on a 8800GT is quite fine if you ask me.

And the 980 memory you are running is effectively 1960, that's how he got the 2000 ;) he's running his memory at 1000 but seeing it's DDR2 that would be 2000 :)