XPS13 cant get into recovery

Jester1989123

Ok so I'll make this as quick a story as I can.

I've got a dell xp313 9370. This thing has pretty poor cable management and the lcd power cable rubs on the hinge ever time you open/close it. Anyways this thing shorted out and I ended up having to replace the led screen. Troubleshooting this problem took many hard reboots and I even went through a bad replacement screen that I bought on ebay.

I got the new screen installed and everything appears to be working good except I'm wondering if it's possible maybe I shorted out my hard drive. It says windows didnt start properly and whenever i try to repair it it doesnt go through the repair process it just brings me back to the screen saying i need to do a repair. So i tried the system reset keeping or getting rid of my files and same thing it loops me back suggested i do a repair.

I went into bios and it still registers that I have a m2 pcie drive in there. This thing also has the bit locker on it and i had to type in the code to attempt a repair.... that parts probably irrelevant.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Should I try and reinstall windows 10 with a usb? Anyone ever deal.with anything like this.?

Thanks in advance.

DavidG

I would boot into the BIOS and use the onboard dell diagnostic utility to test the M.2 storage. If the drive is undamaged then a clean install with a USB should work. Try to get the drivers from the dell website beforehand

Jester1989123

I would boot into the BIOS and use the onboard dell diagnostic utility to test the M.2 storage. If the drive is undamaged then a clean install with a USB should work. Try to get the drivers from the dell website beforehand
I've managed to get my new screen working and I've got windows working.

My replacement screen happened to be a touch screen which was not my original screen.

Everything appears to be working good and I've even done a screen test which went through all the colors and appears to have passed but for some reason I'm still getting the 2 orange and 7 white flashes.

The wife also reported maybe once or twice she had to restart the computer due to the screen not working.

Any idea what I should do? I dont want to replace a screen again when everything appears to be working.

Thanks

Jesse