xtreme gamer game mode setting

MrFobber

Hello All

I just installed my xtreme gamer x-fi sound card and loves it! I'm wondering what would be the best settings for the gamer mode. Right now im currently running on default, but I know that there are always better settings for default =] I play strategy games like warcraft 3 and first person shooter games such as CS, HL, FEAR and such. How should I tweak the game mode to make it optimized? Thanks all!

PC eye

banned
Here I run the same model card in the Entertainment mode with the mixer seen first since the mian volume, bass, and tremble controls are seen in the lower half of the popup screen. The settings like the X-FI CMSS and Smart Volume are enabled while the equalizer and bass boost are not. The bass is already adequate due to the speaker set used here.

The switch from one game to another would leave the equalizer out for the most part since each game is configured differently when using that. If you use headphones you will want the CMSS enabled since that synthesizes the 3D surround effect for headphones. If you are running Vista the EAX is now replaced with OpenAL in order for the custom effects to work. In Fear's audio setup the EAX section will be found greyed out for that reason there.

Whether in the game mode or one of the other two you simply go through each section in order to set things according to preference. There is no optimized settings in that regard. There you simply have to play it by ear and how the speakers you use sound with the various combinations you can create.