y am i so not satisfied ... at all.....

3s0n3

here is my setup that i just finished the other day.....
case: thermaltake armor
board: asus a8n sli premium
psu: ocz 520 modstream
cpu: athlon 64 3500+
gfx: bfg tech 7600 gt oc
ram: 1 gb of i forgot....
hd: 120 gig non sata
and lots of fans and glowing crap.....

anyway im not happy at all with the preformance for gaming and multitasking. frankly it sux. i bearly get good fps in dod source (30-50 in an open area on high settings) its just unplayable. and as far as the multi tasking... i cant do too much. have i done something wrong other than potentially buying crap hardware? is there settings that need fooled with? ive already overclocked the vid card using coolbits.... nothing to the cpu. y does this suck? im soooo unhappy

megalowmaniac

I have the same system except with a 7600GT thats not OC'D and a 3000+ and its an alright system! Can play any game fine but not perfect... I dont know why you say it sucks? You should have saved up some more money then =/

Arm_Pit

banned
I would have definatly gone for 2GB of ram, before you start DoD:s you can use a RAM monitoering program, Rivituner will do it too, play for about 5 minties, alt tab and look at it, i can almost gaurentee its going to be at almost a full GB :)

Motoxrdude

You are doing someting wrong here. I had a similar setup with a x850xt. I could play DODS just fine with 60FPS+. Are you sure you have the right video card drivers and chipset drivers?

WeatherMan

also have a check around task manager, check your pagefile, try to minimise your processes and also see if theres any there that are taking excessive cpu usage up.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personaly i would have got 2Gb of memory for better performance and maybe a bigger hard drive.

Although not sure how good the graphics card is that you have there.

Arm_Pit

banned
What DoD reqruies, and what it uses on full high settings along with the rest of your computer is a competly different story :)

3s0n3

sorry bout the double post guys i was just unsure what thread it belonged in.... wont happen again. so what the hell should i do ? is it worth overclocking?

3s0n3

and someone mentioned something about chipset drivers... i just installed what i came with . should i update?