ya think so?

Burgerbob

I was thinking... in the future... this is all made up, i just want to make it realistic.
AMD Advertisement
The New AMD Quadron X4 Gamers' Edition. You all know about the new X4 5600+, but we now have a specialized version for all the AMD gamers out there. The X4 5800+ quad core CPU, based on the new 50nm K9 architecture out from AMD, has four 3.5GHz cores.
This is the same as the x4 5600+, but- only two of the cores are used for normal CPU activities all the time. The other two are 1. The specially designed video and graphics K9 core- instructed in every multimedia instruction needed for todays applications. It is DirectX11 compatible, for added graphics capability. 2. The other specially designed core for K9- this one for physics. It has been fully instructed in all physics applications, and in games, takes over these loads.
When paired with the new ASUS A9N-E motherboard, with seperate 320-pin DDR3 RAM slots for graphics, physics, and normal processes, you do not need either a video card or a PhyX PPU. Video memory is limited to 4GB, Physics to 4GB, and normal to 16GB. This all connects to make the fastest gaming motherboard layout known. Pair this with the new WD uberRaptor 20,000RPM SATAIII hard drive, and you will pwn with out peer!

fade2green514

lol yea thats completely ridiculous. dual core AMD's might be able to reach 3.5 on a 50nm process... but they'll probably skip 50nm and go lower... but a 50nm quad core amd will probably never hit 3.5ghz. sorry. lol

i sereusly think it will happen some time nxt year as i said if sony wich doesnt even specialize in cpu's can make a 7 core cpu im shure amd cn coem up with a 4 core system

fade2green514

AMD gs player said:
sony has 7 cores in the ps3 at 3.2 gigs each so y not have 4
WRONG! thats a nextgen proc. we just talked about this in another thread. not only that, but the PS3 isnt out yet :D
7 processing elements not cores. theyre specialized.
also that processor is tiny (hence the term "cell"), puts out small amounts of heat.
AMD gs player said:
i sereusly think it will happen some time nxt year as i said if sony wich doesnt even specialize in cpu's can make a 7 core cpu im shure amd cn coem up with a 4 core system
the processor going in the PS3 is an IBM processor... not a Sony processor. just how the gpu is going to be an nvidia make... sony didnt design a gpu lol

Clutch

banned
AMD gs player said:
sony has 7 cores in the ps3 at 3.2 gigs each so y not have 4
AMD gs player said:
Do you ever go back to threads which you posted in and read replies to what you have said? You might have been corrected (nudge nudge, wink wink).

fade2green514

why would you even suggest that?
thats the most ridiculous thing ive heard of for a pc... "personal computer"
maybe someday... but not right now...

tweaker

VIP Member
fade2green514 said:
why would you even suggest that?
thats the most ridiculous thing ive heard of for a pc... "personal computer"
maybe someday... but not right now...

Why not, how serious do you take this thread?

fade2green514

tweaker said:
Why not, how serious do you take this thread?
haha i guess you're right. but still... the cell proc (in my opinion) will replace the current generation of processors.
2 teraflops! wow!
and why havent they released ps3 to the public yet?
i told my friend to buy an HDTV but he got a regular one instead.. haha
i did plug my computer into it though, and it worked great! (little blurry though)
he'll want the HD for xbox 360 if he gets it... and PS3 as well.

mrjack

VIP Member
The possibility of AMD using one core for rendering graphics isn't completely out of the question as there are rumours about AMD buying ATi. But it would take alot of time, probably.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
mrjack said:
The possibility of AMD using one core for rendering graphics isn't completely out of the question as there are rumours about AMD buying ATi. But it would take alot of time, probably.
just because AMD might by ATi doesnt mean that they are now planning to integrate graphics cores onto their CPU's... if they wanted to do that they could just draft something up with ATi, they dont need to buy them to do it... lol

mrjack

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
just because AMD might by ATi doesnt mean that they are now planning to integrate graphics cores onto their CPU's...

I'm just stating that it isn't out of the question.

dragon2309 said:
if they wanted to do that they could just draft something up with ATi, they dont need to buy them to do it... lol

I know, but it will become cheaper to upgrade the graphics technology in the long run if they buy ATi and not just their products.