Yahoo E-mail not working???

Corbin

HI everyone!!
Well here is the deal... I have used Yahoo Email service for many years, and just a few days ago, it wouldnt let me check my emails... when it goes to www.mail.yahoo.com it says "page cannot be displayed" as if I am not connected to the internet... can anyone help me... It has been doing this for several days, and I have tried accessing yahoo mail many different ways.

Thanks!!

Punk

Staff member
It works fine with firefox....

Try going to yahoo.com first then click on the mail. If it doesn't work, it has to be something with your browser or your browser's options you checked...

Hope that helps :D

Corbin

That worked.... but I dont know how to configure my firewall... I have Norton Internet Security 2005... I went to
>Personal Firewall
>Configure
>???What's Next, there is nothing like "blocked sites" or "trusted sites"

Punk

Staff member
Well if it worked, you don't have to worry :D Firewalls protects you against virus...I have mine on all the time...:D

Corbin

No,
the thing is... i have to turn off my firewall everytime i want to check my emails, i want to configure it so i dont have to turn it off

Thanks

Punk

Staff member
Ok,

Which one is it? The built-in XP firewall or is it from another Anti-virus?

Punk

Staff member
Ok then it's:

Norton internet security> personal firewall> turn off> CHoose permanently.

Corbin

But then, wont I be proned to viruses and such??

Update: Just tried it... it wont stay permanent!!??

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
You have to choose permanent....

CHange 5min to permanent... (or maybe we don't have the same Norton Antivirus...)

It will be easier to get in your computer while connected to internet and information of viruses (trojan horse) will get to internet easily, same for ad-ware...

I recommend leaving them on.:D