yahoo IM turned on my speakers..can't get them to go off..constant static

courtneyclv

Weird,

I was on yahoo Instant Messenger and I accidently went to make an internet call. My speakers started 'playing' static. Pc tried to dial out...I then shut down my pc and turned it back on..more static. I have tried to play my media player songs and all you hear is the static, no sound, no mp3's nothing.

I went to the bottom right had corner of the desktop thinking there was a speaker icon but there isn't so I can't just shut it off.

What is going on here and how can I get the static to stop? I also removed and then re-added my yahoo messenger but it is still there. My pc must have done it. The only way I can get the constant noise to go away is to press my mute button

I also pressed 'control, alt, delete' to see if some program was automatically running, but I don't know which thing is the microphone or the speakers.

wbs and thank you for your help!
Courtney

Ben

VIP Member
Unplug the speakers, and plug them back in. This could also be an input problem. That often causes static if the wire isn't in all the way.

Fiddle around with the input and wire.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Weird,

I was on yahoo Instant Messenger and I accidently went to make an internet call. My speakers started 'playing' static. Pc tried to dial out...I then shut down my pc and turned it back on..more static.

Try going into Yahoo preferences and change your connection from dial up to Broadband/Cable