yaqew.scr

munster4ever

Not sure what this means, whether it is a virus or what, but I keep getting a box popping up saying that this file cannot be located. Is it something I need? Did I somehow delete it? I have no idea, but I have stopped clicking x on the box because it just keeps popping up.

On a seemingly unrelated matter, my Bullguard anti-virus system recently began doing some sort of back-up, which was fine by me. Then I started getting messages that there was not enough room on the online drive for the backup, so I bought more space from their website. Now I am getting the same message again, and it is driving me mad. Is this some sort of scam by Bullguard?

I am also getting pop-ups from Norton, who are helpfully telling me that my computer is infected, and I should buy their anti-virus program. I keep telling them no thanks, but there is not an option to say "Do not ask me again". Does the fact that I'm getting these messages from Norton mean that Bullguard is not working?

I'm really sick of these companies and their scams. I would pay anything to have a system that keeps out viruses and doesn't keep asking me to upgrade in order to keep out new ones. Is there an honest AV company out there?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Follow this procedure and post the logs.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here, here, here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If you continue to experience problems after doing this, please post a HijackThis log by doing the following:

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces along with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log