Yay!!! Blue Screens!

justin3

Well here is my problem I recently got a nice home built computer for free, and its very nice exept my computer keep getting blue screens or reboots. My specs are

AMD athlon XP 1900+ 1.6ghz
some motherboard
1GB DDR PC2100 256x4
420watt ATX psu
Nvidia geforce3 MX 64mb's VRAM (AGP)
Windows XP Home Edition sp2
45GB ATA harddrive

Do you guys have any idea on what it could be? Ive run mem check but came up with no errors.

Sounds like some faulty hardware installation or drivers? Maybe you can ask the person who built it for you to check it out.

Ecsed

blue screens... i had them a while ago, diff comp, are their white words on the comp? Thil may be windows .dll file problems, i just cleaned out hard drives, reinstalled and crap windows, fixed it.

Ecsed

Virus? Wouldn't refreshing HD's fix it? and i can only think of a worm deleting .dlls i wouldn't no tho ><.

spamdos

has there been any new hardware that you have put in recently including external hardware. i find it unlikely to be a virus, if not you should really check wit the person who built it for u

Xwardos

try, changing the position of the ram to different slots. oh and by the way, i recently had a problem with my usb ports. whenever i had more that two usb devices connected to the computer, i got a blue screen. try removing the usb devices connected to the computer and switch on the computer. it might be the problem!