YAY I'm at 3GHZ!!! What are acceptable temperatures?

ADE

banned
OK, I'm now OC my E6300 to 3GHz, my idle temp is 42C, and my max load temp is 63C....is that acceptable?

ADE

banned
The voltages are at stock. Isn't there a way in the BIOS to make the CPU fan go 100% all the time? My fan isn't that loud at max, only like 21 dBA

ADE

banned
I don't think my fan is pulling in anywhere near 54CFM. More like 20-34 from what I feel it is. What if I get a new fan? Any recommendations?

kof2000

zalman 9700 nt has the feature where you can control it to always run at 100% speed regardly of the temp.

ADE

banned
I don't think speedfan is a wise way to go. It says my fan is running at 22300RPM...that ain't right.

Rambo

Yeah, my bad, 0.1V :eek: I meant to say that. lol.

Yeah, well, you have DDR2-800, so really, your not pushing it. Anyway, when you have it set to +0.1v, that's 1.9v, which is your stock voltage for your RAM. :p

Anyway, you still haven't tried the Easy Tune 5 software. Check the temperatures on that, and see what you get.

Last edited:

ADE

banned
OH, I did already, idle is 39C and Full load is 59C...Its the CPU fan, Its not pull the air it said it would on the product specs. Hay Rambo, can I PM you to carry on the situation? I feel you know the most and can help the best, the way I see it, your a pro. Wouldn't have even gotten to 3Ghz with out ya, so I just have a few cooling question for ya, I'd just like to get your professional opinion on it.

Rambo

OH, I did already, idle is 39C and Full load is 59C...Its the CPU fan, Its not pull the air it said it would on the product specs. Hay Rambo, can I PM you to carry on the situation? I feel you know the most and can help the best, the way I see it, your a pro. Wouldn't have even gotten to 3Ghz with out ya, so I just have a few cooling question for ya, I'd just like to get your professional opinion on it.

Sure, go ahead. However, I wouldn't call myself a pro (but you carry on doing so :p).

One thing I would try though, it swapping round the HSF you have now for he stock HSF, and see if you get and better results. That is if you didn't buy the OEM/tray version of the CPU.

Geoff

VIP Member
The best way to find out your temps is to download Intel TAT, it's much more accurate then SpeedFan or the BIOS.

When I had mine at 3.13Ghz, it idled around 45-50c, and load around 55-60c.

Rambo

[-0MEGA-];567331 said:
The best way to find out your temps is to download Intel TAT, it's much more accurate then SpeedFan or the BIOS.

When I had mine at 3.13Ghz, it idled around 45-50c, and load around 55-60c.

Yeah, I have noticed that my temps are usually 8 - 10*C higher with that application. I wasn't sure which one to trust, though. So I went for the lower one :p