YAY! New laptop!

4W4K3

VIP Member
Finally, I got to get rid of that old 400MHz computer!

My dad brought me home a Compaq Presario V5101US, and so far I love it. At first I would have rather not gotten the widescreen, but it's definetly grown on me.

Specs:
Mobile Sempron 3300+ 2.0GHz
512MB PC2700
60GB Fujitsu HDD
DVD-R/CD-RW
ATi Radeon Xpress 200M
15.4" Widescreen (BrightView? reflective kind)

Anyways, I can finally play games again! YAY! And do everything at lightning speed! No more random shutdowns or immense lag attacks!
But dear god did it come with ALOT of useless trial softwares, demos, adverts, useless software! They partitioned 8GB of the HDD jsut for recovery, had about 20GB used up already off the shelf. So I've been cleaning it up :p

4W4K3

VIP Member
Installing AVP 2 now, I love this game. Online play is still active and fun. I need to get counter strike.

I am so glad I don't have to wait 10 minutes to boot up, and 10 seconds for each web page to open. EEK! I am like a kid in a candy store, where the candy is laced with cocaine! :p

The_Other_One

VIP Member
That's pretty darn close to my little laptop, though a faster Sempron. If you want to help with heat/battery life, get SpeedswitchXP and leave it on Max Battery. I don't know what it'll lock yours at, but mine's 800MHz. Honestly, I get another hour out of the battery and really can't tell much difference in speed.

SC7

Nice laptop. Most of the stuff that comes with it is usually "click here to purchase full version which is sure to be a dissapointment, only to realize you must purchase pro there after". Widescreen, I used to not like them myself either, I had a habit of them dislodging my focus, but I adjusted, and now prefer it to 16:9 on notebooks. Web pages really aren't designed for Widescreen, so that may pose a problem when viewing certain sites, but if the resolution is high, you'll be fine. In the long run, you'll be glad you got the widescreen. But anyway, really nice specs, congrats and enjoy.

4W4K3

VIP Member
I'll look into all of that The_Other_One, although this will be plugged in all summer. I might end up purchasing another battery (this came with the 6-cell) when I start to attend college.

It plays AVP2 online flawlessly, jsut fragged a few aliens :p Probably better than my old desktop. NFSU is next! I can't get enough of gaming after my cold turkey episode I had for a few months. :-D