Yeah!!! I finally built it!

jjsevdt

A few days ago I asked for some advise on a build I was working and I finally got my goods yesterday and threw everything together. I was a bit nervous since it was my first build, but everything entoff without incident. I put a pic so you can check out my wire management. This is one thing I'm very picky about with Windowed PCs and wanted to know if I did a descent job.

taylormsj

Good job man hope you enjoy it.

The cables look great for a first time, but there is stil some room for improvement. Maybe look into some spiral wrap, which will bunch all cables into one long thick cable and it looks quite nice and is cheap, try to stuff away as many cbales behind and in hdd cages as you can. Keep up the good work :)

cheburns

looks nice... cables can be a pain in the ass. but like taylor said just try to shove them into drive bays and stuff so that they stay out of the way. have fun... what case is that?

jjsevdt

I don't know it's not marked. I got the case (w/ PSU), sound blaster Audigy card, and a couple 60GB HDDs from a co-worker for $50.

Impulse666

the PSU cables are the worst to deal with but you finished that off nicely behind the motherboard tray. other than that it looks good, maybe wrap some of the cables or tape them together. few big smooth cables look better than a bunch of small crazy ones. no crazy cables allowed. :p

chupacabra

Looking good, did it cost to put that heatsink/fan from intel? ( i haven't tried to put a stock fan since a while ago on a pentium d and it was a pain in the ass)

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Looking good, did it cost to put that heatsink/fan from intel? ( i haven't tried to put a stock fan since a while ago on a pentium d and it was a pain in the ass)

On my E4300 you just press it and it all clicks in. Took me less than an minute.

jjsevdt

As in an couple I hope you mean 2 or more... I could probably get an 80gig...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822210004

SATA 160GB for $47.

I know that Ultra is great but the PSU's stats look horrible... +12V @ 19A? My Ebay cheap PSU ($27) had 24amps!

I had got two, and had a couple drives in my NOW file server. I don't know any thing about PSU's or what to look for. I saw it was 500W and it was basically free. My wife was upset enough I ordered the things I did, ithat would really set her off.

On my E4300 you just press it and it all clicks in. Took me less than an minute.

It was easy as that. It took me longer to screw the board on the case than apply the heat sync.