Yet ANOTHER BSOD

Bartmasta

banned
I'm getting another BSOD now and it happened after about an hour of playing COD4. I just got the BSOD once the next map loaded. I restarted my computer normally and everything is fine.

Here's the error.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063

Any ideas on what can be causing this? In most causes for people they can't start up their computer but I can normally. Also I had Windows XP reinstalled about a month ago and haven't got this error before.

It's possible that it has happened before but I don't remember. :confused:

How can I fix this?

Bartmasta

banned
cpu.jpg

StrangleHold

Staff member
Your overclocking your memory and HT alittle. Set your HT to X4/800. What voltage is your memory at? With the memory timming its running at, if not try setting the memory to 1.9 or 2.0V.

Bartmasta

banned
ah I get the v thing now

normally the ram is 5-5-5-5 timing at 1.8V but it was tested at 4-4-4-4 timing at 2.2V

So should I take it to 2.2 V and go 4 timings? Or stay at 2.1 (or go back to 1.8) and stick with 5 timings

Bartmasta

banned
memory is at 852 MHZ from 800 btw

people say they got it to 1 ghz at 5-5-5-5 timings @ 2.2 V

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Well its at 555-16 right now at 412.7/825.4mhz. by CPUZ anyway. SPD settings for that is 1.8V at 400/800mhz, but since it at 825mhz I would set it to 2.0V.

I would try for 555-15 at 2.1/2.2V

The HT doesnt like to be overclocked plus its not using near the full 1000/2000 bandwidth and you wont lose any preformance dropping it to 4X/800.

Bartmasta

banned
in my bios for the HT all I see is

auto
200 mhz
400 mhz
600 mhz
800 mhz
1000 mhz

its at auto now.

PS my memory is at 2.2 V with the 5 timings, should I keep it like that?

I'm also thinking of lowering the multiplier for the CPU so I can inrease FSB to oc the ram

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
What file is reported with the 0xA? Is it hal.dll like in the kb you linked or something else? It may just be a driver problem (usually video).

smoothjk

Have you considered that your GPU overclock isn't 100% stable? Benchmarks and stability tests will not always tell you this. I think I've mentioned this before...I don't remember if you tested your CPU and RAM overclocks for stability in OCCT or Orthos.

Try downclocking (maybe to factory spec just for testing purposes) and see if the problem goes away.

My 9600GT would run fine through all sorts of software, even Furmark, but once I played some games...even the lowly CS:Source (as far as resource hog-ness)...I got occasional crashes and artifacts. Downclocking fixed it completely for me. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure of this in your case, but generally, people never seem to want to admit their OC isn't completely stable.

Last edited:

Bartmasta

banned
Ugh I see no file

I only see IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and on the bottom I see

Begginning dump of physical memory
physical memory dump complete

I also underclocked my gfx card after it happened and haven't gone the problem since, dunno if it fixed it because I havent been playing cod4 for long peroids of time

my 9600 gt

stock 700 /2000 /1750

now 730 / 2120 / 1810

----------

can someone also explain how to lower my HT?

I wish to also lower to multiplier by a bit to increase my FSB for o/c ram

Bartmasta

banned
GOD DAMN IT

I was playing cod4 and randomly I got a DIFFERENT BSOD

It didn't even last a second and I just saw the physical dump of memory and there WAS a file and was .sys

when i started up windows i sended error report but didnt open up the windows site :/

Bartmasta

banned
i set it to 1 ghz from auto and HT is even bigger @ 1150 :/

Changed my cpu oc a bit

was 213 x 15.5

now 231 x 13

edit: went back to x 15.5 because x 13 was slower for some unknown reason even though they were both 3300 Mhz

Last edited:

Bartmasta

banned
Sorry for triple post but I need to make a post to sum everything that I did up to now:

Right now I'm staying with 3302 MHZ @ 213 FSB and 15.5 multiplier.

HT is at 850 instead of 1050, and hopefully I won't crash anymore. Ram is somewhere at 852 Mhz with 5-5-5-5 and 2.2 V.

If I get any errors I'll post here.

Thank you all for your help.

AUTOBOOT2000

god damn it

i was playing cod4 and randomly i got a different bsod

it didn't even last a second and i just saw the physical dump of memory and there was a file and was .sys

when i started up windows i sended error report but didnt open up the windows site :/

hey stupid change your cmos battery!