Yet ANOTHER BSOD

Bartmasta

banned
lol wats a cmos battery

BTW Cod4 isn't working, won't even start up.

Says to update sound card drivers or directx. ughh what

edit: ok cant be cmos battery for sure, I got my mobo a month ago and theres no error with the date and time etc

Last edited:

Bartmasta

banned
I believe mine doesn't need changing

and I think I need to update my audio driver for the cod4 thing, download is taking forever cause its downloading really slow

Bartmasta

banned
I don't know. Like I said cod4 isn't working because I need to update my audio driver and I'm downloading it right now.

Secondly if I still had the problem, cod4 would crash after 30 min or so, not just after a few minutes.

AUTOBOOT2000

I don't know. Like I said cod4 isn't working because I need to update my audio driver and I'm downloading it right now.

Secondly if I still had the problem, cod4 would crash after 30 min or so, not just after a few minutes.

THE CMOS BATTERY IS 2 DOLLARS CHANGE IT!!!!!!! That is why you are BSOD.

StrangleHold

Staff member

Never had COD4 tell me I needed to update my sound drivers and not start:confused:. You could be getting some file corruption/something not stable in you overclock. After you get your sound drivers reinstalled see what happens since you lowered your HT

Bartmasta

banned
ok

the audio drivers came out about a week ago so I think that it is the audio driver

after 20 minutes of downloading a 20 mb file I try to unzip the driver but it says corrupt

Need to download the exe now

sigh

another 20 min

StrangleHold

Staff member
Starting to sound like your Memory, giving you some file corruption. One thought you can try is, Leave your HT at 800, set your memory voltage to auto and set it back to 667, leave your CPU set the way it is. That way your HT and memory is underclocked and you will know if it the CPU or not giving you a hard time. If it runs stable after that then you will know if its the memory.

Bartmasta

banned
Thanks to google I found out it wasnt driver heres what I did

start

run

services.msc.

Windows audio -> started (was stopped)

Bartmasta

banned
didnt try it yet cause I had to go to bed

ill try it today and Ill try to play for a long time

Ill post results later today