Yet another "hows this build look" thread

Ryan_Sama

Hey folks il keep this short and sweet. I really appreciated the help everyone gave me on my last build so here it is again for my new one. and before people go ape over me using the 6-core, I run a virtual pc with the excess 2 cores.

(edit): this is what i switched everything out for, let me know what yea think!

case: coolermaster haf x full tower
mobo: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
cpu: zambezi FX-8120 8-core
ram: g.skill ripjaws 2x4gb ddr3 1600
gpu: xfx radeon hd 6970 2gb
psu: antec high current gamer series 750w
ssd: cant find a decently cheap one to run system and a game or 2. been getting bad reviews for not lasting long.
hdd: wd caviar black edition 500gb
monitor: asus 23.6" widescreen
Arctic silver 5 thermal compund
speakers: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121044
mouse: razr deathadder black edition
keyboard: ms sidewinder x4

total cost is roughly 1400 not including the 200 for the cpu.

feel free to be harsh, and let me know where you think i could cut a little fat without to suffering performance. I intend for this to last me quite a while before i upgrade or o.c.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

you have to like save it and make it public, then copy the address off a public one and replace the number code at the end with the one on your saved list's address, then post that link, and also someone posted a link to tigerdirect and if you search like fx-6100 then it has 2 or 3 combos with the new bulldozer architecture that isn't supposed to be out yet up with a mobo, so might wanna look at that

StrangleHold

Staff member
The power supply and memory are way overkill.

Back the power supply off to the 750W model. Even have overhead running two 6870.

8gb, is plenty for memory. Get two 4gb. sticks.

Change the motherboardto this one. Socket AM3+ and will support Zambezi when it comes out.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514

You do know Zambezi is suppost to be released soon. Rumor is in the next week or so. The FX-6100 is suppost to be close in price to the 1090 and 1100.

Last edited:

Ryan_Sama

yeah i did read somthing about that. il probably be updating to the zambezi, il check out that board thanks,

edit: plus the all black board looks pretty dope.