Yo How much?

Kill Bill

New thread. I decided after christmas 2008 (this christmas) I'm going to start selling parts of my pc. I need a price range of how much I'll get for this in january 2009:

OCZ 1000watt
ABIT IN9 32max wi-fi
Gainward Bliss GeForce 8800ULTRA
Intel Core Quad Q6600
twinx cross hair 4096mb 800mhz ram
2x 500GB HDD - One with Vista and Mac OS X installed. (really luck of the draw)
Nzxt Apollo.

I decided I want to get a macbook pro. I have 380 euros saved up so at christmas I'll have 1,080K + 400 Euros for my present. Would I have enough for a 2,600 AKA 1,200 for all the parts.

If I get about 2000Euros now for those parts tell me and I'll consider selling them now

Last edited:

PabloTeK

Yeah by December that PC will be worth €500-€600 max, even now €1200 is a bit much really. The 9800GX2's have come out which blast the Ultras for value.

PabloTeK

£1500 is again still too much, people are now lapping upt he 9 series cardsa nd abandoning the older G80 cards like the Ultra. TBH you'll need to figure out a way of getting that extra money because that PC ain't gonna cover it.

Kill Bill

£1500 is again still too much, people are now lapping upt he 9 series cardsa nd abandoning the older G80 cards like the Ultra. TBH you'll need to figure out a way of getting that extra money because that PC ain't gonna cover it.

Hmm. Might aswell keep the PC then. Hmm.... Any tips on how to get money. And please dont say job as I'm sure no one will give a 12 year old a job. I'm good with numbers, I might ask dad if I can do the accounting and get some:D My sister could get my laptop in 24 weeks(part time). It would take me almost 2 years to get it (including birthday/christmas) +'s.

PabloTeK

Accounting is very hard (I got an A at GCSE Maths) and I still find it difficult to balance books properly and check every figure over and over. It's not just numbers, people spend years training to it correctly, there is a legal responsibility for them to be perfect, no mistakes. Just try doing jobs around the house for small amounts of money, it'll mount up.

Kill Bill

Accounting is very hard (I got an A at GCSE Maths) and I still find it difficult to balance books properly and check every figure over and over. It's not just numbers, people spend years training to it correctly, there is a legal responsibility for them to be perfect, no mistakes. Just try doing jobs around the house for small amounts of money, it'll mount up.

My mum is like bree of desperate housewives so shes kind of misses perfect and everything is not done right unless she does it:rolleyes::(

PabloTeK

Then I think the technical word for the situation you're in is screwed. Surely you don't need one of the Uber MBP's? I'm only planning to get the basic one when I go to University for example. The basic one here is only £1300 (I say only...).

Kill Bill

Then I think the technical word for the situation you're in is screwed. Surely you don't need one of the Uber MBP's? I'm only planning to get the basic one when I go to University for example. The basic one here is only £1300 (I say only...).

I need the 17inch for the best of reasons. Actually maybe a 15inch but thats only 300euros in the difference so 17inch and plus it would cool better.

PabloTeK

I think the 17" is a waste of money really, €300 for 2 extra inches (diagonally) of screen space isn't really worth it, my email reckons I can get more inches for less for example.

Kill Bill

I think the 17" is a waste of money really, €300 for 2 extra inches (diagonally) of screen space isn't really worth it, my email reckons I can get more inches for less for example.

Think so. I'm just thinking of cooling but I guess your right. The dead line is around may 2009 being honest as I leave primary and move upto secondry and when I do technolgy I want to show off:p
(really need one being honest as I want to work on a legal mac)

Kill Bill

But if I am to get a macbook pro how would I turn the pc into an internet server for like a website or something