"you can choose multiple items only if they are all located in the same folder"

Joshua Brown

Why? What does it matter if the files I'm choosing to attach are in different places? I'm sure there's a logical explanation, but for now I can't seem to wrap my mind around why Windows can't just attach the files from where they all happen to be.

Joshua Brown

More information is required for us to answer. Attach to where?

I received the message when attaching multiple files from different locations as an email attachment. Each of my employees' documentation is in an individual employee file and I needed to send off a copy of their photo ID to our insurance company. I clicked to attach files, navigated to the parent folder, searched for "photo ID" and the search results populated with all employee's ID photo files, as they're all named "[employee name] - Photo ID".

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If its an email, you can only attach one file at a time. That just how the attachement works. Click attach, attach file, click attach again, attach another file. In some applications I can attach only 1 photo in others I can't attach more. Just depends on application.

Darren

Staff member
If its an email, you can only attach one file at a time. That just how the attachement works. Click attach, attach file, click attach again, attach another file. In some applications I can attach only 1 photo in others I can't attach more. Just depends on application.
Pretty sure Outlook lets you do multiple, not at my computer right now though so can't check.