You get what you pay for?

Enjoihcky24/7

Hye I just found this laptop and i was wondering if its one of those cases of you get what you pay for or if it is a decent laptop> (will be used for gaming and word processing aswell as digital photo stoarage and music storage) here are the computer and the specs.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...ooks/compaq_presario&storeName=computer_store

Here's how i customised it.
XP Home Edition
AMD Sempron(TM) 2800+ (1.6GHz/256KB L2 Cache)
14.0 WXGA Widescreen (1280x768)
ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/productivity ports
512MB DDR SDRAM (2x256MB)
60 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
8X DVD Drive
54g(TM) 802.11b/g WLAN w/ 125HSM/SpeedBooster(TM) (wireless intenet)
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Price: $699.00

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well

Forget gaming if you ask me. However, for the other things that you have listed, it should manage just fine. If you intend to game with a lappy, you need to consider deep pocket waters ;).

JAN :D

Enjoihcky24/7

well i figured with the 128mb graphics card and 512 of ram it would do fine not to mention the 1.6 ghz processor.

What else would i need to be able to game with it? I don't plan on using the wireless for gamin. When I'm home I'll be using the cable connection I have.

alanuofm

VIP Member
i purchased for 750$ a pentium M, 512 mb of ram, 15 inch, radeon 9000 64mb, and all that other junk. and got a free printer.

Enjoihcky24/7

alanuofm said:
i purchased for 750$ a pentium M, 512 mb of ram, 15 inch, radeon 9000 64mb, and all that other junk. and got a free printer.
erm where? and isnt that pretty much what i got except i got the 128 mb card? :confused:

alanuofm

VIP Member
from dell. you have a sempron with an xpress200 video card.

pentium M is leading the way right now with performance and power consumption.