You Have Reached The End Of The Internet

alexyu

I just discovered this today and I want to know if its just for me:

Type a random internet adress then add .ro.ro at the end

Example: random-site.ro.ro

:eek::eek::eek:

How can it happen for every single adress??

And always in your language/proxys language?

LOL

Dropkickmurphys

well theres 2 explanations I can think of...

either someone has bought all of the web addresses with the extension ".ro.ro" or it is a joke by the people who created the domains... or soemthing lol...

3uL

Yeah, I interested in the explaination too. Can somebody teel why??
BTW I feel kind a creepy with the page but I don't know why...

Jozeorules

banned
.ro.ro Fight the powah? :p
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPI6n9fn9cc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPI6n9fn9cc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Last edited:

gamerman4

My Explanation

RO is the romanian TLD so a site ending in .ro is hosted in romania.
This guy buys a website with the domain ro.ro
Since the URL prefix is just a sub-domain, technically he can use any prefix, and obviously he has.
He doesn't have to code in all possible letter combination just as long as it is in his domain, he can redirect it to the same page.
As an example:
video.google.com
maps.google.com
news.google.com
they are all owned by google

I could be completely wrong since I've never made a website and have never even tried to learn HTML but from my knowledge of how the internet works I could assume that this would be how he can do it.

Last edited:

Dropkickmurphys

My Explanation

Since the URL prefix is just a sub-domain, technically he can use any prefix, and obviously he has.
He doesn't have to code in all possible letter combination just as long as it is in his domain, he can redirect it to the same page.
As an example:
video.google.com
maps.google.com
news.google.com

I could be completely wrong since I've never made a website and have never even tried to learn HTML but from my knowledge of how the internet works I could assume that this would be how he can do it.

I didnt think of it like that...sounds like that might be right...

Like for example my uni website is www.kent.ac.uk
and the computer science site is www.cs.kent.ac.uk

basically im thinking the ".ro.ro" is the same as the "kent.ac.uk"
and
the "www.(insert website title here)." is the same as the "www.cs."

http://www.ro.ro/ will be the main page of the site.

though Im not sure how they would have got the www (name).ro.ro with the (name) bit whatever is entered to redirect lol...

Last edited:

gamerman4

and

Here is the breakdown
.uk is the TLD (Top Level Domain)
ac.uk is an SLD (Second Level Domain) just like the more common "co.uk"
"kent" is the website domain (basically the name of your website)
"cs" would be the subdomain which is what this guy is using to redirect anything to the end of the internets page.
finally "www" is redundant and isn't really needed unless the website requires it for cookies to work properly (like this forum)

Dropkickmurphys

Here is the breakdown
.uk is the TLD (Top Level Domain)
ac.uk is an SLD (Second Level Domain) just like the more common "co.uk"
"kent" is the website domain (basically the name of your website)
"cs" would be the subdomain which is what this guy is using to redirect anything to the end of the internets page.

yeah... I couldnt remember the technical terms... lol... but I get whats going on... lol

alexyu

My Explanation

As an example:
video.google.com
maps.google.com
news.google.com

and

though Im not sure how they would have got the www.(name).ro.ro with the (name) bit whatever is entered to redirect lol...
But doing this, even automatically, for all letter combinations, even a random http://odnbodnbodnbosmnfovmsqpgjaetgjheroigehnrgilrengesrngjoprjnriqwj.ro.ro/ (it really works) would take a lot of time.

gamerman4

Last edited:

alexyu

well I don't know exactly how websites work but I know in boolean logic you can have an asterisk as a wildcard. This guy is probably using a wildcard to encompass any possible combination of letters.

Doesnt really sound plausible but its the only ... ahem.... plausible explanation.
I mean, shouldnt we see tons of subdomains with the same content if that is possible? :confused: