you know what ive noticed

darkd3vil

this board has become quite popular, when i first joined like 3 weeks or so ago there was hardly any threds and then praetor and his superness get into full i gotta post 100000 times a day and help every1 mood and every is here i am glad to be part of this because of the coolness and the help. awsome job ian and chroder and cant forget praetor

ian

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, we all know how chroder is famous for his doubles....
chroder = praetor :confused:
has anyone seen them online at the same time?

Christopher

VIP Member
See, it's perfect. I can play the loveable fool while tab has tall the responsibilities of the fellow admin, and does none of them :) :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
See, it's perfect. I can play the loveable fool while tab has tall the responsibilities of the fellow admin, and does none of them :) :D
Oh crap... I see I've already said that... I mean... uh... Chroder said that.... right... that's it ...*pulls out the MiB glasses* .... *poof* nobody read that.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Just for the record, [tab] does a lot of behinds the scenes work.
With WMF he was admin of the server, spent countless hours helping me out managing the server.
Also now he is working on other joint project sites which will indirectly benefit this site.
He is a quiet achiever.

Christopher

VIP Member
w00t go [tab] :D [tab], you know your way around Linux. How do I get my network driver to load up each time? I installed it and whatnot and it was working (I ping'ed yahoo) then I rebooted into the window manager (since Slackware's default runlevel is 3, had to change it to 4) and it was gone :( I tried insmod 3c2000.o and it complained about not finding it or some crap. I guess Linux doesn't copy things to the right places like Windows does(n't :p)...

[tab]

[...]
Actually Ian's just covering for me... I'm lazy, and proud of it :)

What happens when you type "modprobe 3c2000"? You don't type the ".o". If you check your /etc directory you should find /etc/modules, or /etc/modules.conf. Read the comments in there and it'll show you how to add your driver so it loads when you boot.