You Tube clip will not download

Dart77

HI - i have tried two different internet downloaders with some success (GetGo and AnyVideo Converter) but some clips just refuse to download whereas others have not trouble. Even from within the same group of clips (same poster/recording person). This is very frustrating, it either comes up with a 'Failed' or the clip just stays at about 23.8Kb and is empty. Can anyone explain this or how i can fix it? It wouldn't be a lock from YouTube or the poster because it occurs from the same group. Eg, a person posted clips all on the same week that they video taped, say 10, but only 8 will download. I have tried them at least half a dozen times each, with different downloaders, same result.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Dart77

since no-one has any ideas to share,, i will inform anyone who is interested that i solved the problem; which was that after trying many down-loader programs exhibiting varying levels of competency (some not even functioning at all), i downloaded one that works just great, called YTD, or YouTube Downloader. The clip i was having trouble with was downloaded no problems after i put in my YouTube password. This program also converts different formats with ease, whereas "AnyVideoConverter" has trouble and comes up "Failed". Thankyou Myself for solving the problem.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Sorry. Downloading copyrighted content (basically anything posted on YouTube is copyrighted in some way, shape, and form) is against forum rules.

Dart77

Sorry. Downloading copyrighted content (basically anything posted on YouTube is copyrighted in some way, shape, and form) is against forum rules.

oh, sorry, didn't know that, well if my post is deleted i will know the reason why. i thought only commercial stuff was copyright, like music or film trailers etc