You tube videos strange lag at different playback speeds!

Hello computer guys:D!
So after I've reinstalled my computer ( now I'm on windows 8.1 ), when I go and try to watch you tube video for example at speed 0.5 or 1.5 or whatever there will be always that choppy lag, no matter what the quality of the video is it lags on 240 p, and on 1080 p. My internet connection is absolutely excellent.On a different computer connnected to the same network there isn't any problem.The specks of the laptop are excellent (2 gb vram, intel core i7 etc.).The browser I'm using is google chrome but on opera is the same thing.
If any one has experienced this problem or knows something about it I'll be glad to know why this happens.I really need that setting because of the type of videos i watch.:)

Punk

Staff member
This is pretty weird...

First question, are you fully updated with 8.1?

Second thing that comes to mind your RAM. You only meet the minimum requirements for 8.1 in 64 bit, that could be the problem.

Hello!:)
First.Yes my windows 8.1 is fully functional.
Second.I meant that the video card has got 2 gb of ram if it so called on the video cards.I"ve got 6 gb of ram.

beers

Staff member
Did you install all of the drivers?

I'd install an updated video driver for both the iGPU as well as the discrete card. You might be having issues changing between the two.

Still not working

So i looked the drivers in the official site of acer and the two of them were up to date.I've checked the nvidia control panel on my computer and realized that google chrome cannot use my nvidia graphics card but only the integrated. I've done some research and it seemed that google chrome cannot use the dedicated graphics card at all. I've seen one solution and it was to make hard link to the application and them I was able to use the nvidia graphics card with chrome but there is NO IMPROVEMENT at all.I don't know what do to anymore to fix it

Punk

Staff member
So i looked the drivers in the official site of acer and the two of them were up to date.I've checked the nvidia control panel on my computer and realized that google chrome cannot use my nvidia graphics card but only the integrated. I've done some research and it seemed that google chrome cannot use the dedicated graphics card at all. I've seen one solution and it was to make hard link to the application and them I was able to use the nvidia graphics card with chrome but there is NO IMPROVEMENT at all.I don't know what do to anymore to fix it

I'm on a laptop with an Nvidia Card (720m) and HD integrated but I don't have that problem...

Or were you saying that your integrated is incompatible with Chrome? What card is it?

No.Mine is also HD graphics and it is compatible with chrome. I was saying that the real graphics card ( in my case gt640 m,but it can be any other) does not work with google chrome or firefox on every laptop.So i've made a hard link for the application (as i read from one topic) and it worked with my graphic card expecting that the problem is gone, but it isn't.