Your Computer is infected! wtf is this !!!

mikey4865

everytime that i start up my computer or run internet explorer this thing pops up. on internet explorer it automatically goes to www.updateyourcomputer.com and it says i have to download like spyaxe or spytrooped crap and i dont want to. also in the bottom right where all the programs running pop up are shown, well on my computer they r. and from there is a texy box saying

you computer is infected"
windows has detected spyware infection.

it is recomended to use specual antispyware tools to prevent data los.

blah blah blah
so how do i get ride of this crap?!

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
have a look at this - Basic spyware and malware removal

and see if that helps.

i would also personally recommend downloading and installing spybot search and destroy as well as spywareblaster.

these two pieces of software have done well to protect my system in keep it free of spyware

mikey4865

neither of them got ride of my porblem wit the your computer is infected problem in the corner still poping up

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
goto your start menu and then type msconfig in the run dialog bit. go to the startup tab and then look through all of the tickboxes and disable any of the ones you dont recognise, be careful what you untick as it may cause some issues. if any cause a problem you can always enable it again.

mikey4865

hey that didnt work i was wondering if there was a way i could just delete my whole hard drive and start over but i wanna keep my operating system

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
if you're gonna do a clean sweep you might as well format it as the spyware is more than likely inside your system32 folder.

mikey4865

this is pissing me off i wanan do a total wipe but i wanna b able to keep my operating system xp home on the computer

EMEX

If you know your computer stuff, I would recomend running hijackthis. go to www.merijn.org there's a download file there. If that doesn't work, run a antivirus scan. I recoment running the free addition of avg virus scan (that thing does wonders). If you got to google and search for avg free download, it should bring you to a page where you can download it. It's free and won't bother you with registeration bullshit.

EMEX

Also I suggest you get rid of the cookies and go to add/remove progs. list and see if you find anything you haven't installed. Cause some spywares will do that automatically without you know it.
Another thing you can do is go to mypctuneup.com and run that prog. It might help.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
EMEX said:
Also I suggest you get rid of the cookies and go to add/remove progs. list and see if you find anything you haven't installed. Cause some spywares will do that automatically without you know it.
Another thing you can do is go to mypctuneup.com and run that prog. It might help.
Never trust the people who put this crap on your machine to uninstall it.