Your contact list is not available

lexmark

Ok I figure this is the best place to post my question so here it goes...

I have two msn accounts but I can't sign up on one of them, it gives me this error : "you cannot use msn live because your contact list is not available"

I've googled around for a few days, trying every solution known to man kind but nothing seems to work, I still can't sign on... Does anyone have an idea on what I can do?

Would I loose all my contacts if I reinstalled msn?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your contacts are stored on msn's servers, not on your computer. I used to get that error every now and then but eventually fixed itself. Try downloading the newest version and see if it helps.

sg1

Have you tried installing a different messenger such as Pidgin to see if it will let you sign in? At least it would verify your contact list IS available and so cuts down on possible causes.

lexmark

Have you tried installing a different messenger such as Pidgin to see if it will let you sign in? At least it would verify your contact list IS available and so cuts down on possible causes.

I just downloaded pidgin and added my account but I only see a blank scree... do I have to add everyone from my contacts list into pidgin?

Whats odd is that I can sign up at hotmail.com and check my emails.. but I can't access my contacts!

sg1

your contacts(online) should appear on screen and you can change settings to show offline contacts too if desired( normally ) .

Maybe your acc got hacked ??