Your external CD drive recommendations please

novicegeek

Now that the Thanksgiving season is officially complete, it's time to load up for the next holiday on the calendar, Christmas (or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, whatever your prediliction - for me, it's always been Christmas). At any rate, I digress.

I'm looking for a stocking stuffer for my wife - and when I say stocking stuffer, I'm talking relatively cheap. She has a laptop that lacks a CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive. I'd like to get her one (and mums the word, she knows nothing about this).

I started looking online and the options were so many, it made my head swim. Apparently, the selection of what one might obtain has greatly increased since the last time I was in the market for a similar item.

Can anyone recommend a slim (it has to be slim), external CD drive that's good, but reasonably priced? At the very minimum, I'd like for it to burn CDs as well. DVD and Blu-ray options also considered.

I'd appreciate any advice you can give. And Merry Christmas (Happy Hanukk..., nah, I'm not going through all that again).

novicegeek

Okay, how 'bout this? Can you recommend some qualities for a CD burner I should be looking for? speed? compatibility? etc. Her laptop is running Windows 7.

Thanks for the read.

novicegeek

Furryrosewood, I appreciate your advice. I used your link and ordered one for my wife. I'm sure she'll be happy to have a drive for her computer, come Christmas. The price with the rebate was good too. Thanks again.