Your first computer

lhoney2

Mine was a Commodore 128.
Next was Amiga 500.
Then Packard Bell 60Mhz Pentium 1 (first Pentium CPU)
400Mhz AMD K6 by HP
XP 2200 by Me
XP 6000 by Me

_simon_

Commodore Amiga 500

Microprocessor 68000 running at 7.09379 MHz (PAL Version)
512KB memory which I later upgraded to 1MB.
No HDD
3.5 floppy drive.

Not sure on the graphics.

It ran Workbench 1.3 - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/Amiga_Workbench_1_3_large.png

----------

After that.

ICL Intel 486 SX 33 -> Upgraded that to an Intel 486 DX2 66 / 4MB Memory
Custom Built no brand Cyrix 686 133+ / 16MB Memory (most unstable machine I've ever owned and put me off pre-built machines)
Self Built Athlon 1700+ / 512MB Memory / Geforce 5600
Self Built Athlon 3000+ / 1GB Memory / Gefore 6800
Self Built Athlon X2 4600+ / 2GB Memory / Geforce 7900

Last edited:
I had an IBM Thinkpad Laptop...

lol it didnt say the penium proccesor speed, but im think like 266mhz lol.

its had 32 mb of ram and ran windows 95. i do remember playing the first age of empires on it lol

munkyeetr

Not as...hmm hmm...fancy as some of the other's here, but mine was Gigabyte K7 board with a Duron 800mhz, 128MB RAM (96MB after the onboard S3 video), and a 20GB WD HD.

It served it's purpose, it taught me to tweak things and get the best from what you got!

i think it was a windows 95- i remember those huge floppys tho... and that crap printer paper. i used to play games through dos :)
toonstruck-streetfighter-command and conquer

Man, those printers were horrible, I remember when I was in Elementary school, the computer labs consisted of late Windows 95 and the first edition 98. Anyway, I remember hearing the printer "EEK!" "Pop!" "EEK!" "BUZZ", that thing shook the whole table that it was on and made that horrible screeching noise that just went back & forth. I guess that is called a line printer? And then, I would go over there to get my work from the printer and you had to tear that stuff off along the preforated line after it printed. Sometimes that crap was difficult to tear and you would tear up your work, the teacher would get all pissed, you would have to reprint and hear a lecture. :rolleyes: Sorry, just some memories.

CG man

Amstrad 464

4Mhz
Graphics 3 colour 10 x 10 pixels
RAM 64k

performance in half Life 2 still rendering 1st fps since HL2 came out.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
Dell Optiplex
Pentium 1 -133 mhz (doesn't even have a fan on the heatsink)
32 meg edo ram
2 meg video card of some sort
1 gig qunatum fireball (i fried it later on in a different computer)

IT STILL RUNS TO THIS VERY DAY!!!

PabloTeK

Some people did and still do have some very old computers. I know my friends grandma has an Amstrad PCW-9512 with 512kb RAM! It also had a Zilog 8MHz CPU.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I can't remember it really, it had something like 64MB of RAM, Windows 95, 400Mhz CPU I think...

I know it struggled to play the original Empire Earth and the first Combat Flight Sim :p

AcetheGamer

i got mine 7 years ago...its a

pentium III 733mhz
Asus mobo
512mb sdram pc133
20gb hdd western digital 5,400rpm
20gb hdd seagate 5,400rpm
geforce 4mx 400 64mb

it died 3mos. ago...:-(

Burgerbob

P133 w/256Kb cache, in a seperate stick
16MB RAM
1.7Gb HDD
1Mb integrated graphics
Win95.

It was a good comp while it lasted, i even used the HDD until recently. A lot of you had better ones than i did!

Wishawah

Compaq presario 1692. Running windows 2000. Maxed out at 64mb of ram. I ended up having to part it out online for parts, the MB shorted out on me.

MixedLogik

Intel Pentium II - 250mhz
32Mb of RAM
5GB Hard Drive
Intel Intergrated Graphics 2Mb
Windows NT Workstation 95
15" CRT Monitor
ASUS CD-ROM Drive 8x

Bought 8 1/2 years ago at $650
What was I thinking.

lhuser

Heh, those were the prices.

My first PC was an old 8008, with the old black and orange screen. Some random DOS oriented OS with Test drive and golf as games.

However, the family PC was a 4004...so old, it was slow to boot.

Then, the real serious PC I had a a 486 66MHZ that lasted til 2002.

Kill Bill

My first well family pc was the IBM 5160 XT (wasen't even born then. This came out in 1986! I was born in 1996 lol...)
The specs of the IBM 5160 XT was:

Windows 1.04 .Intel 8088 at 4.77MHz, 640kB RAM, 20MB hard drive and CGA graphics Video of it can be found here. Ahh such memorys.... I can remember playing Tomb Raider III on that. Well I first collected all the Tomb Raider's first for the PS. Then buying TR III for that pc. hm. There was only 3mb left on the HDD. Lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItuymzxNUYM

Fruitcake

Pentium 2 at 800MHz
128 MB RAM
20 GB hard drive
integrated graphics
21" CRT monitor (19.3" viewing...that i'm still using)