Your Internet Connection Speed Record?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey guys. I was just wondering what the fastest download speed you have attained was? Mine was 480KB/s from www.microsoft.com when downloading SP2 :). Keep in mind that my theoretical max could be 512KB/s.

JAN :D

tweaker

VIP Member
I'm on fiber optics 10Mbps in each direction & no traffic limit. I usually peak out at 1075k up and around 1050k down.

A bit faster though during night time.

Last edited:

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Nice nice

That's an awsome speed. Is this a home connection? Fiberoptics eh? Must b very reliable. I have a WIFI connection that links directly to a cable. In other words I am connected to an access point that's about 1.5 kilometres away :).

tweaker

VIP Member
Yes it's the fiber I got here in my tiny apartment. Sweden have pretty good not to mention cheap connections available compared to many other countrys.

I pay $25 us / month for this fiber, and this is just the third best line you can get as a private person here in Sweden. Theres also 26Mbps lines and 100Mbps which includes up to 7 different Ip's etc but they are almost twice as expensive as my option.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
tweaker said:
Yes it's the fiber I got here in my tiny apartment. Sweden have pretty good not to mention cheap connections available compared to many other countrys.

I pay $25 us / month for this fiber, and this is just the third best line you can get as a private person here in Sweden. Theres also 26Mbps lines and 100Mbps which includes up to 7 different Ip's etc but they are almost twice as expensive as my option.

LOL! Man most people pay 62 dollars/month here for a 2Mbit! Jesus you are lucky. I would be willing to pay 50 for a 26Mbit :). Hey I am moving to Sweden.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Cool.

I must announce that I beat my record of 480KB/s with 505KB/s from www.hrej.cz, a Czech game server. Now that's what I call speed (in my standards).

Yeti

VIP Member
At work - ~2 MB/s. At home ~400-500 kB/s. I'll have to pay more attention to get actual numbers.

fairplay

all...you make me jealous.
you are lucky,pay $25 us / month for fiber
i live in indonesia pay $41 for cable with ratio 64:16 (personal packet) T_T
The connection make me stress.
Indonesia internet so poor in quality but expensive,unbalanced the price and the quality..i play game online,in 1 day can disconnect very often...so sad

OS Dragon

My max download speed is for 408.02Kbps when theoretically it should be 1Mbps :(

Attachments

• Connection_Speed.GIF
    Connection_Speed.GIF
    3.5 KB · Views: 70

Bobo

banned
jancz3rt said:
LOL! Man most people pay 62 dollars/month here for a 2Mbit! Jesus you are lucky. I would be willing to pay 50 for a 26Mbit :). Hey I am moving to Sweden.
I(my dad) pays $35USD/month for 11mbit

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
From home my downspeed is 2.5MBit, at work depending on the time of day it can be significantly higher :)

Hello

banned
I dont really know, I will look next time I download a video. Would be cool if there was a test or something that could tell you :).

R3D

ahhh that aint fair, i only get 40-50kb/s :( lolol am on only on a 512k but getting 1MB next month lol

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
the most i got was 205KB/s with a 1.5Mb connection. I dont see why the UK is so damn overpriced with their broadband. i pay £40/$85 US for it, which is bloody expensive, although it is being upgraded to a 3Mb connection. oh and for those of you using firefox, your scores dont count, and if they do, then i got 1200KB/s which as you can tell, was a lie, and was actually going at 185KB/s