your machine is making requests to our servers too quickly?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys,

Can you help me out everytime i try to go on website i usualy go on such as news websites i get the following message-

403 - FORBIDDEN

We're sorry, it seems that your machine is making requests to our servers too quickly. ECT News allows a maximum request rate of 1 page(s) per second and maximum of 4 concurrent connections. Once this rate has been exceeded, your computer will be blocked for 20 minutes from accessing ECT News properties.

To remove this block, please enter the following code into the text box below and press the "Continue" button to continue on to the page you were requesting.

Code:
0472acd7117a796b534e8da2dbafaf8a

Can someone please tell me what this means as understand what my computer is doing to prevent me from accesing some websites.
Thanks

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
are you running any software that preloads pages on the site so that they seem to load as soon as you click the link? thats the only thing that i can think would cause it

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did install a add on for Mozilla firefox called Fasterfox which is soppose to make the internet load up quicker.

The only problem is Fasterfox dosent show up in the add/remove control panel with the other programs i have installed on my computer so i cannot uninstall it.

Could Fasterfox be my problem?

Heres the link i downloaded it from-
http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
Thanks

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
thats whats causing your problem, it prefetches the links on the page. if you disable it you should be fine

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do i disable it? or better uninstall it as it dosent show up in ADD/REMOVE?
Thanks.