Your old PC's

PabloTeK

What do you do with PC's you don't use anymore? I'm currently using mine as a footrest.:p Well it is a Celeron.

Ben

VIP Member
It's in my closet, just sitting there. It was some kind of server, there's 2 processors, they're both 150Mhz. And there was 8 ram sticks, each of them had 8MB. It's really old. The power supply is the same size as ATX motherboards today.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Well, an old one usually surpasses an even older one, so it tends to take the older old ones role as the previous old one which is usually a type of server.

I have 2 file servers (one was going to be a wireless media streamer but it didn't work out so well) and a hardware firewall for my room only

dragon

4W4K3

VIP Member
Local computer recycle joint. Or I ask around and see who needs a computer for e-mail, internet, picture sharing, etc. and just hand it over.

jimmymac

VIP Member
donated a few to clubs for underprivelaged kids round here before, just wipe the bugger completely, popped on an old version o windows and gave some of my old games with them too.

Otherwise i pass them on to friends and family that might have an older one, give them a little upgrade :)

TFT

VIP Member
I passed my old P500, printer and 17" LCD to friends 5 year old, she is really loving it. I installed some educational games for her and she sits there quite happily with her music playing whilst colouring in on screen. It's just that I have to tidy the desktop every week as she saves everything.:)

Kabu

banned
I give mine to the closest elementary school. They really love that! But I did give one to my dad last year. He had to replace his Commodore 64. :p

The_Other_One

VIP Member
http://webpages.uncc.edu/~djadams1/Final_Proj/

Funny thing, I just started working on this :p Only the Apple IIe link works now, and most of the text is BS'ed. I don't know how much of a museum this will become seeing as I'm limited to 6 HTML pages(just a limit on the project) I have many other computers that will probably remain unlisted...perhaps even remove some of those.

InFlames_44

One of my old ones is serving as a small file server. Popped another HD in, hooked it up to my network, works like a charm

:)

vonfeldt7

giving mine to a friend (whos family doesnt have a lot of money) so that makes me feel good:)

except for the fact that its messed up...(ill try to fix it?)