Your personal best overclock

Ku-sama

banned
my best is from 2.4 to 3GHz via lowering RAM from 400MHz to 333MHz, then jumping the FSB from 200 to 250 on an AMD Athlon 64 4000+

Last edited:

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
My best was my sempron 3100+ from 1.8 GHz to 2.4GHz. i didn't wanna push it any further cos i only had stock cooling

Geoff

VIP Member
My best was my Sempron 2800+, from 1.6Ghz to 2.14Ghz on stock cooling, although i couldnt run any video intensive apps, so the highest *stable* overclock was from 1.6 to 2.02Ghz. My ram was DDR400 but downclocked to 333 since my cpu isnt fast enough for 400 :(

My temps are around 40C idle on stock, so i hvae enough cooling, its that i dont have AGP or PCI locks so i get the blue screen of death with my video card driver on it.

Today I got my Athlon XP 2800+ (2083MHz, 166x12.5) up to an Athlon XP 3200+ (2200MHz, 200x11), using the dipswitches on my motherboard to bring down the multiplier. I was also running on stock VCore and stock heatsink/fan.

My idle temps are around 55C, and load is around 65 (nice and toasty, you know?) I do have a Volcano 11+ heatsink/fan combo which I wanted to put on, but unfortunately there were capicators in the way, which forced me to put back on the stock heatsink.

It was quite intense, I was working up a sweat hoping for Windows to boot, which it did. Just fine.

Chris Chan

My best OC is running a Celeron Cumine 733 at 825. (75x11) Stable but I rebooted into bios to try for 913 (83x11). Killed both my video cards at 913 b/c of no PCI locks on the board (Shuttle AV18 v1.3).

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
P4 530 (3GHz) -> ~4.5GHz. Didn't boot, but that was a side effect of a tripped out SATA controller, I could use a boot disk.

Camper

I overclocked my 2800+ on accident when I built it by setting the FSB jumper to high. I did not keep it that way because it was running to hot.

Boldt843

I overclocked my socket 754 3200+ CPU from 2 Ghz to 2.35 Ghz. My goal was 2.4, but it wouldn't boot on that speed. I hit a brick wall with my kingston value ram.

34erd

WOW!!! Your getting over 3 gigahertz on an unmoded ASUS? What voltage you running at, I've heard it gets unstable voltages ranging like 0.05 v when you get above 1.55 v.

Get some DDR500 or DDR600 and you'll have an insane rig if you hit 3.4 on air. Heheh, get a phase change unit and you'll probably brake the AMD WR...

Last edited:

Ku-sama

banned
she's on Auto, and She's a smart mobo, i trust her (keep saying Her, because when i get a POST error, a female voice tells me whats wrong, insted of beeps :D

34erd

Check CPU-Z and ASUS Probe. If it really is 1.35 v then get that RAM and hit 3.5 gigahertz already :D
What divider are you on though, you cant go any lower?

By the way, is this with stock cooling? What are your temps?