Your personal best overclock

Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang said:
AMD AthlonXP Mobile 2500+ from 1.8GHz to 2.7GHz on air.

Forgot to mention, that was done and temps were still under 50C.

I seriously doubt that a 4000+ (2.5GHz) on stock voltage can hit 3GHz+

Broken_Naols

so far, I have pushed My athlon64 3000+ from 2.0ghz to 2.2ghz That as far as I will go for now, as I am pretty new to OC-ing.. thought it was keeping pretty cool. When I have the money to buy adiwuite cooling. I'll se what it can REALLY do. :D

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Broken_Naols said:
so far, I have pushed My athlon64 3000+ from 2.0ghz to 2.2ghz That as far as I will go for now, as I am pretty new to OC-ing.. thought it was keeping pretty cool. When I have the money to buy adiwuite cooling. I'll se what it can REALLY do. :D

Good luck man....just wanna mention that for the 3000+ (Venice), you can go to 2.6Ghz without a problem and with stock cooling. The Vcore needs to be raised however, which in my case was 1.55V. My idle temps are 30 Celsius and under load, not that much higher.

JAN :D

Broken_Naols

Thanks for that. 2.6 is a pretty big jump. But its the newcastle core. :(

And I haven't seen my temp go above about 35 Celcius.

Once I get a second machine up and running. The testing will REALLY begin. :D

Ku-sama

banned
Link to more
http://photobucket.com/albums/b213/Ku-sama/Overclocking Progress/

3GHz.jpg

Speed
3GHzEverest-Speed.jpg

Voltages
3GHzVolts.jpg

Temps
3GHzEverest.jpg

Last edited:

yota_driver

there are some really good over clocks here :)

i overclocked my p4 2.4c to 3.6 !!! i think i had a asus 865 PE neo 2 mobo, 512 MB 3200 corsair xms extreme ram, spark 7 fan (noisy bastard). ram was down to 266 and i had to raise the voltage to the vcore and the ram. i also costum made a piece of plexiglass to fit on the side of the case which had a hole cut out of it to fit a 120mm AC fan that pushed about 240 cfm into the case with 2 80 mm exaust fans. i cant remember what my temps were but they werent to bad and it was stable runniong call of duty and other benchmarks. everything was good untill i had to get just one more megahert out of it. when i rebooted nothing happened, i found out later i had blown the mobo but the cpu was still ok.

that was my first OC aswell as a good lesson learned

gamerman4

Ku-sama your 12V voltage looks a little low (11.77!) I would look into getting a PSU that can keep it above 12. It may run stable now but can get unstable after the PSU gets older. Is this what you clock it to daily or is this just a test clock? Most of my PSU voltages are around .5~.3V above their rated voltage even with my 3200 OCd to 2.8Ghz.

Ku-sama

banned
well, its a 600W PSU with 24A and the 12 volt Rail.... but prehaps i might need a new PSU.... i really love this one

fade2green514

holy crap thats one fast CPU-Z rating! 4.5ghz! damn!
i got my athlon 64 3400+ from 2.2ghz (clawhammer, 1mb L2) up to 2.4ghz. its 130nm though so i wasnt expecting much, plus i have a quiet fan on this sucker. temps got to 37 idling so i put it back to 2.2ghz because i want it to last longer.

nice idling at 27celsius and 40celsius load. SILVER 5 rules!