• 7-9.9 Megs

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • 10+ Megs

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I think you need a larger gap for the low speed connections :p

I'm at school right now, and I get 2Mbps in my room(free internet...sorta...in each room) I didn't think our home internet was any slower, but it typically does seem to be that way. I can check later on.

mine varies from 2-4mb....depending on how it's feeling at that paticular time. we have cable...cablevision (optimum online), and no, we don't have an aftermarket modem.

Cooner750

Time Warner's "Road Runner", average speed around 4800Kb/s Down, 40Kb/s Up (Upload speed sucks...)

But it's very rarely ever not working. And when Time Warner's DNS servers arent working, that's where OpenDNS comes in handy :D.

Archangel

VIP Member
10 up
10 down
~$19/month

(Usually a good bit faster than that though, up towards 12Mbps).

ISP:
http://www.kommunicera.umea.se/default.asp

dl.jpg

:eek::eek: Lame! i want 10Mbit upstream too... :D ( maybe i should go over to scandinavië indeed...:rolleyes: :p )

Markware17

Home:

Connection: fiber optic ~15Mbit down / ~2Mbit up
Price: $49.99/Month
Provider: Verizon Fios :)

Work:

Connection: fiber optic OC-192 ~9.6Gbps down / ~9.5Gbps up
Price: I don't want to know :D
Provider:Level 3 and AboveNet (multiple connections)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Yeah how fast is that?
Some of us cant get fast connections because of where we live.
I have 2mb up and down but I live in the uk and that costs us like £10 a month (about $20 i think)
You might want to check that, 2Mb up and 2Mb down would be an extremely good T1 line which is like £250 a month, your most likely on somethink like 2 Megabits down and 350 Kilobits up which is fairly standard in the UK

dragon

calumn

ooops
i meant 2mbit for downloads
not sure what upload speed is
im gonna check
i mixed up my bits and bytes

SirKenin

banned
Mine is 5Meg... Rogers Cable. I didn't want to pay for the extra (although they did try to sell me on it) because I don't need any faster.

And when Time Warner's DNS servers arent working, that's where OpenDNS comes in handy :D.

No, that's when your own DNS server comes in handy (mine is sitting right here beside me.. lol).