Youtube Background Help!

Technoman

Hello forum, I come here today seeking the answer of how to put links in a youtube background as people do in the most version of youtube. I know I need to map the image but what I do not know is how to get it onto youtube without being able to adjust any code as you normally would on any other site! If anyone could help that would be great! Thanks

Technoman

Well they give partnerships for free now so I signed up and approved and stuff and I don't know how to make it clickable...

Well they give partnerships for free now so I signed up and approved and stuff and I don't know how to make it clickable...

I would be surprised if they give partnerships away without approval as that would allow anyone to use "premium" options.

Now looking at it, if you visit Youtube.com/partners and click GET STARTED, like Youtube says, it redirects you to the monetisation page. You need to sign up for monetisation to get a partnership which means you need to have lots of video views, and upload REGULARLY.

I personally wouldn't bother with it...once you start all the branding stuff, it makes you look like you are just in it for the money, which personally puts me off watching videos, as it says "I am famous, SUBSCRIBE TO ME!"

Without branding, your channel will look more personal, and still seem amateur, which attracts people more, believe me.

Sorry I could not be more of help.

EDIT: Go to youtube.com/partners and click get started, select Enable Monetisation, and agree to everything...now you have a partner account. But just being a partner will not enable the banners and thumbnails.

Newcomers to the program won’t immediately enjoy all the perks popular content creators have, such as custom thumbnails and banners. “We are working on making these and other features available to more newly-made partners over time,”
- Youtube.

It seems that unless you are big on youtube, then these options still are not available.

Last edited:

Technoman

Thanks! I see what you mean about not bothering with the backgrounds making it look like im in for money or whatever but I just want to link to my twitter! =P Really not important tho! Thanks for the advice!