Youtube Videos Constantly Freezing/Buffering

ruanddu

Hello,

Have a Dell Inspiron 560 that's about 1 year old. Running Windows 7. I have it hooked up to a 46" LCD TV via HDMI for watching Netflix and Youtube. When watching Youtube, it consistently has to buffer videos and as a result is hard to watch a Youtube clip without it freezing to buffer. It will buffer at different resolutions - 360, 480, etc. I have a 10 mbps wired internet to the Dell so not sure what the deal is? Netflix plays fine.

Can you let me know if there are some things I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

ruanddu

The reason I asked is some computers I use the Youtube videos rarely buffer so thought it was something I could fix with the Dell?

cabinfever1977

its probally something wrong on your computer or on the utube site,cause my 10 yearold computer and my 1mbps internet conection plays videos just fine.

ruanddu

Thanks for replying. I found some interesting results. I have my computers all connected to a Linksys WRT54G router. I unplugged the Linksys router and hard wired the ethernet cable to my cable modem and did three speedtests and averaged between 11-16mbps. When I plugged back into Linksys router I ran three more tests and averaged 6-10 mbps. So, looks like the Linksys router is slowing me down. Do you think it's time to invest in a different wireless router, or will the same results happen, as the router feeds 2 other computers in my house? The other computers are usually left on but are not being used so am not sure if they are the cause of the slowdown or the Linksys router itself?

Thanks!

claptonman

Have you tried turning off and on the router? Solved my connection issue.

And do you have a need for wirelss?

ruanddu

Have you tried turning off and on the router? Solved my connection issue.

And do you have a need for wirelss?

Thanks for responding. Yes I have tried powering on and off router with no luck in fixing speed.

We do use the wireless.

Please let me know if anyone recommends a better router to buy to help increase speed.

Thanks.