Z-5500 Speakers

Scubie67

Yes those are a nice set.Pretty much everyone I have seen on different forums who have them love them

g4m3rof1337

Hmm, that is a nice deal, though I can save on shipping and get them in the store, I think the free shipping with Dell ends today or soon, not sure.

Thanks.

bomberboysk

Yeah, not much better speakers than the z-5500 in the price range, i have em and love them. If your on integrated use digital out though, cuz imo analog on integrated doesnt sound good.

SRcobra

Digital Output is Coxial and Optical. Optical output is used on PS3'S and 360'S so you probs have that one. i know the Z5500 have an optical input, but im not sure if they have a coxial input. (left image)

basically analogue is where you connect your system with more than one cable using, the green (front speakers), Black (Rear speakers), Orange (Center/sub). Then you have grey, but that doesnt apply to 5.1 systems :) (right image)

Attachments

• _TOSLINK.JPG
    _TOSLINK.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 62
  • SC.jpg
    SC.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 57

gamerman4

My Z5500s have 4 3.5mm inputs (3 on back for 5.1 and 1 on the side as a line-in), 1 coaxial, and 1 optical.
Using the 3 3.5mm inputs sound great for me, I haven't played with the other two but as soon as I fly back to my apartment, I will connect my PS3 with an optical cable to see if it sounds any better.

bomberboysk

Yeah, like i said its just my opinion if your using integrated that digital out sounds better with an onboard sound card, when you got a nice sound card the difference between analog(minijack) and digital is pretty much nil.

bcohen4

I got this set about 5 months back and I will say they are really nice. I actually use them in a closet (about 5 feet wide and 10 feet deep) that I converted into a mini-mini theatre. I never turn them above half power and they are plenty loud.

my 2 cents anyway

EDIT: I would like to say I have them hooked up to my computer through an integrated soundcard and my xbox 360 through the toslink optical connection and both sound great.