ZALMAN 9700 VS ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro

reddevil6

the zalman has a 30mm bigger fan an is a top brand
the other 1 has heat pipes an would save u $40
but after reading reviews the zalman with no overclocking it should keep your processer at 26-28 idel an about 45 on full load

ride3k

for the money, the ac7 kicks ass, the price difference is not justifiable, unless your spending an unlimited amount of money, the ac7 wins out

andy_mitch92

wrong.. the zalman has heat pipes and the zalman is the best cooler out there period. the only bad thing about it is how hard it is to install.

WhiteFireDragon

it really depends on how much you want to spend or how much you want out of the fans. the ac7 it great for how much it costs, but it has its limitations. if you're doing some extreme OCing and heat is a problem, then you would be forced to spend a lot more for the zaleman. if you're just looking for some nice cooking, ac7 is the way to go. zaleman is almost triple the cost, but not nearly triple the performance

oscaryu1

VIP Member
AC7 is a buget cooler, and it's great for its price. The Zalman 9700 also justifies its price with its superior cooling. They both represent great cooling for their price. It's only your budget that makes the decision ;)

fortyways

banned
The Zalman undoubtedly has better cooling capability, but..

It's huge, and heavy. The Arctic Cooling is lighter and has a better/easier mounting system. I had the Zalman for a while but I just couldn't get comfortable with the behemoth sitting in there spring-loaded by two screws to a plastic mount.

It's also ridiculously expensive when you think about what you're really buying. It's a $60-70 hunk of metal with a fan attached to it.

newguy5

http://www.overclock.net/hardware-news/280123-cdrinfo-battle-cpu-coolers.html

look at these charts and take 'em into consideration :)

looks like the tuniq tower is also a pretty good deal

9700 is good, but expensive. the c2ds oc so well anyway, and the stock heatsinks are a piece of junk, so pretty much anything decent you replace that stock thing with is going to keep the processor cool enough, within reason.

having said that, the price saved and the ease of install made the ac7 about 100 times more justifiable to purchase in my book. i got it as a combo with the e6750, which made the cooler only $10.

newguy5

http://www.overclock.net/hardware-news/280123-cdrinfo-battle-cpu-coolers.html

look at these charts and take 'em into consideration :)

looks like the tuniq tower is also a pretty good deal

that's a weird benchmark. my e6750 cores idle at around 20C and load is around 35C max. i did a 100% cpu stress test once for about 5 minutes and they got to 48C max and wouldn't rise. i don't know how the heck you get the same cpu to idle about 36 and go up to 64 with my exact same cooler/processor.

TheOrangeDude

Well I dont own 9700 but I do have a zalman 9500. It does its job perfectly OCing my Q6600 to 3ghz (mine is not G0) with out any problem. And whats more is that it stay quiet, and looks sick with the blue led :).

vonfeldt7

After looking at the comparisons, I think I'm going to go with the Scythe Infinity. The only problem I have with it, is that it looks huge...I mean it weighs 960g. That can't be good on the motherboard...especially since it attaches like the stock coolers, and not like the Zalman 9700.

*EDIT* Maybe the weight won't be as much of an issue as I previously thought....
Other Thoughts: Despite how this cooler looks in general, Scythe focuses most of its weight on the base of the cooler, which puts much less stress on the socket bracket.

-Newegg Review

Last edited:

CG man

I got two of these Zaleman coolers in my Comp their so quiet Zaleman are the best at pC cooling tech their is. I'm not sure if these coolers fit in all cases though Mine are in a ATX extended case.

Noir

Indeed that zalman is a good one, but go for ac7 if u dont use extreme oc, its really worth for the price.

newguy5

ac7 is like putting on a glove, and no, not like oj simpson putting on a glove.

go for the ac7 for no other reason than it's easy installation (and great cooling, and great price).