Zalman CNPS7000C for AMD Phenom II X4 940

Forwox

Hello there! :rolleyes:

How do you think, will that cooler be good on one hand with AMD Phenom II X4 940?

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4

Zalman CNPS7000C-Cu
http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?Idx=311
CNPS7000C-Culed_m.jpg

---
At the moment I'm looking that something does not go okay with supported CPU's. Mine is 125W, but maximum supported is only 95 for this processors series on this cooler? :confused:

Last edited:

valtopps

i dont know much about amd im an intel guy. but that cooler isnt made for that cpu.
should ask for the best cooler for that cpu.

Rit

The website claims it could work for that processor, but if you plan on gaming or overclocking, I'd probably get something different.

Forwox

Okay guys. Yeah, it is pretty old. But anyway. I'm on it right now. Max load: 61°c
I don't think that it is bad at all. :)

I bought this cooler for very good money. I'll see it how it goes.
Thanks for response, guys! ;)

mx344

^mmm, well you won't be doing much, if any, overclocking then cause your close to the max temp for that proc.

Forwox

Well, I ran OCCT program to stimulate 100% CPU usage. And temperature went up to 61°c - 62°c and was staying right there. Just checked OCZ Vanquisher temps. Mine runs even colder than that gigantic cooler. I was not waiting for that. :)

Actually, if you got something on your mind about correct cooler for this cpu, then explain me please.