zalman CNPS9700 NT rpm

koOp

ive just noticed that my CNPS9700 NT only spins at 2400rpm on high and its suppose to spin at 2800rpm, anyone know how i can fix this?

nexolus

From newegg: "Normal Mode 2800±10 % RPM"

+ or - 10% = about 2500, and that's where mine runs so it's normal.

koOp

oh right sorry didn't see the ±10 %
one more thing, in bios where is 3pin or 4pin for cpu fan, does it matter which one its on? cus its currently on 4pin and its a 3pin plugged into my mobo

Last edited:

zer0_c00l

one more thing, in bios where is 3pin or 4pin for cpu fan, does it matter which one its on? cus its currently on 4pin and its a 3pin plugged into my mobo

dont matter made for both

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy

The 4-pin connector is for pwm while the 3-pin connector is like any other fan connector.

elitehacker

When it comes to RPM, the plus and minus 10% is always there. I have a CNPS 9700NT as well, love the green glow :D. It all fine with me, the only gripe I have about it is that the its really hard to clean the fins, its really tedious as there are so many of them.

koOp

wats ur cpu temp elitehacker? mines 38 on idle i find it werid..... its a big difference to the temps on reviews about it