Zalman vs. Zalman

lovely?

are you looking for performance or looks? if your going for looks then get the Thermalright ULTRA 120. if you are looking for performance then get the Xigmatek S1284.

nateisgreat9

are you looking for performance or looks? if your going for looks then get the Thermalright ULTRA 120. if you are looking for performance then get the Xigmatek S1284.

From what I hear, Zalman's are considered some of the best. So, thats kinda what I was going for for that price. The Xigmatek S1284 is only $33, so thats ****in' sick.

Last edited:

nateisgreat9

Nevermind, I actually did some research, and I am going to take that comment as sarcasm.

lovely?

lol ok sure bud. i'm running my e8400 at 4.3ghz right now. with a zalman i'd be lucky to hit 4ghz. you want power, go xigmatek. you want looks, go with the thermalright. it performs the SAME but it costs MUCH more.

kookooshortman55

Of those 2, go with the 110mm fan. It will move more air and make less noise. Will most likely need lower RPM's too.

Last edited:

Intel_man

VIP Member
Hey guys, do you know what's the performance of the V10's? (coolermaster)

P.S. the 9700 would perform better.

nateisgreat9

lol ok sure bud. i'm running my e8400 at 4.3ghz right now. with a zalman i'd be lucky to hit 4ghz. you want power, go xigmatek. you want looks, go with the thermalright. it performs the SAME but it costs MUCH more.

Alright, well I am a noob at this whole computer construction bit, I think I'm going to go with the Xigmatek. Is it true I will have problem getting it to fit in a mid ATX?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Xigmatek customer support sucks. If you ever buy anything from them hope it doesnt go out while under warranty. Might as well throw it in you back yard.