Zlob Downloader / Virtumonde

Kelosom

Hi Chris, Sorry, I think my head is in a spin over this problem, I have tried so much things to get rid of this virus.. who can be responsible for starting such a thing, idiots.

I can't find Win32/Patched on a search.

The Resident Shield Result says "Object is white-listed (critical/system file that should not be remove.."

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That file that is infected is the winsock file for the internet. I've heard that its possible to rename that file and then copy the original from the install cd. Try googling how to repair or clean ws2_32.dll

MixedLogik

That file that is infected is the winsock file for the internet. I've heard that its possible to rename that file and then copy the original from the install cd. Try googling how to repair or clean ws2_32.dll

Yes. I as I said before, it is a windows socket file. I think that renaming the file could corrupt ability to browse the web, so it would be best just to find a way to clean it.

Kelosom

Thanks guy's, I have now also ran Bitdefender, it found the virus in Windows\system32\ws2_32.dll

The alerts are appearing on screen when either a program tries to get an automatic update or when I click IE.

I will do a search for a way to clean the file.

Regards and thank you for your advice to date.