zomg! blue screen - rant!

zombine210

:eek:
so, today i got my first blue screen on windows 7; this should probably go under recent achievements :p

n-e-ways, i got the irq not less or equal to stop code 0A, a hardware problem.

this is a bummer since it usually means bad ram, but im hoping it's just my vdo card overheating. i've been having problems when playing CSS, since i removed the side fan :D

should probly left it in, but it was getting too much dirt, lol

1337dingo

if ur talkin bout ur desktop.. a great way to keep them cool.. is take the side off. get one of those big stanging fans.. nd place the fan in there so it keeps it cool... make it out of the way of animals though.. me nd my mates all did it .. one one failed coz his cat got in and pee'd in it

ScottALot

That just sounds weird.

Hey Joe, what happened to your computer?
Man, it broke, Bob... completely fried.
How'd it happen?
My cat.
Mr. Tinkles? How could a cat possibly fry a computer?
He got inside it... and
*interrupting* Your cat got inside your computer?
I took the side panel off and replaced it with a fan...
What happened next?
He ... Mr. Tinkles did what he does best.
Aw, jeeze. Let's get a beer, man... wait, don't you have to feed your cat?
Not anymore :D

Wow that was a lot of writing.

Turbo10

Dont listen to dingo thats complete bullshit XD BSOD is normally due to components overheating, youll know if its bad RAM. Check that the CPU heatsink is on correctly and that there is enough TIM on the CPU (too much or too little can cause overheating) if you have overclocked your computer slightly lower the voltage or the speed to get to a stable speed, and put new fans in your pc buy a new CPU cooler, or just give your pc a good old spring clean with a can of spray air or something :)

zombine210

lol, yeah this is on my gaming rig! i'm using an antec 900, :p

this just started happening this month when i cleaned it up. i took a hard drive out of it and lowered all the fans to medium (from high) but removed the side window fan that was hitting my crossfire setup.

but i am running single card mode now, for CSS only. but i don't get it because when it overheats, the ati tool clocks it at about 65 deg. C. which i think is not too hot at all.

i don't like that side fan because it lets in a lot of dust (i have filters on the other intake fans). i'll try bumping the speed up though, see if that helps. :)