zone transfer problem

mrbals

hello pals. i am actually testing my skills regarding network administration based on windows server 2003 o/s.the problem is that i configured one domain controller and two dns servers and one of the dns servers configured as a secondary server.initially the zone updates was not replicated to the other primaryserver which is not activedirectory integrated but had its recorded updated after i changed the option of replication scope to 'all dns servers on the domain"on the zone transfer's tab of the dns console.the main issue is even configuring the zone data file source with the master's ip adress .being the D.C,i am still unable to initiate zone transfer by using "reload from the master"or "transfer from the master's actions."i did restart the dc's dns service as well as the seconday dns server in question and no change yet.pls any corrective approach to this problem is deeply appreciated.

intel core 2 duo processor @2.53ghz
windows vista buissness 3gb ram
hdd 250gb

mrbals

sorry pals made a mistake as to the field which the zone file was configured which ison "the general tab" and not" zone transfer tab "as stated before.so i have attached the snap shots of those problems.expectn ur replies pls.

Last edited:

Vipernitrox

You might want to start at creating a "normal" dns zone. Normally a dns zone is comprised of at least two parts. something like balent.local or google.nl. Also what's the .(root) zone? Never seen that before did you create it?

mrbals

You might want to start at creating a "normal" dns zone. Normally a dns zone is comprised of at least two parts. something like balent.local or google.nl. Also what's the .(root) zone? Never seen that before did you create it?

thanks for the (root) was created as a result of a lab task on creating stubzone.anyways i was finnally able to do the zone transfer by first conecting to the secondary server and creating the new zoje using the dns console on the domain controller.thanks once again.