Zonealarm? Whats wrong?

jackz4000

Just installed ZoneAlarm Free as per reading here and all went Ok until I tried to use IE. Could not connect to the internet? Tried 20 times. I uninstalled it and then no problems.

It seems to automatically go into a lockdown mode. I did not see an on/off or able/disable option. I must be missing something, any ideas? Thanks, Jack

Downloaded Avast Free anti-virus and that seems to be working well, definitely junking the Mcafee.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well when i instaled ZoneAlarm when i clicked on the internet icon it would ask if i wanted to allow access.

Did you press yes?

Its probably just denying access.

jackz4000

Uuummm, it all went fast. Maybe I missed that, lotta downloading this afternoon and might have clicked too fast.

Nini

Yea make sure you allow acess, and also when you double click the icon theres a Lock at the top, make sure its unlocked

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you cant be bothred messing through the setting then just uninstal ZA and re-instal it.

It then will ask what you want to allow and deny.

Just make sure you allow it this time;)

You dont realy have to uninstall you can just change it somewhee but i dont use ZA anymore.

jackz4000

Thanks. It's installed and working fine now. I rushed and missed the initial "allow" or "deny" for IE. Thanx, Jack