Zune 2

vonfeldt7

Looks pretty sweet...unfortunately I just purchased a month or two ago...and now they're coming out with Zune 2....crap.

Also, if anyone says "Get an iPod, they're better" slap them in the face and don't listen to them. Zune>iPod (imo, for several reasons).

Also, I'm not trying to start a Zune VS iPod war lol.

massahwahl

VIP Member
Ive had my zune for a year with no problems as opposed to three ipods returned to wal-mart over the course of 2 years for batteries that lost charge sporadically. Finally I returned it and said i wanted something else, got a zune! Im pumped for zune 2 and will probably head to wal-mart soon to return mine for a zune 2 :D

Le GoogelGuRu

Looks pretty sweet...unfortunately I just purchased a month or two ago...and now they're coming out with Zune 2....crap.

Also, if anyone says "Get an iPod, they're better" slap them in the face and don't listen to them. Zune>iPod (imo, for several reasons).

Also, I'm not trying to start a Zune VS iPod war lol.
Slap me in the face then, because the iPod is much better than the Zune. It has a great streamlined interface and looks good too, plus it supports AAC and everything you can download from the Apple Store.

NJNETSFAN

I had a zune when they first came out, and that thing just seemed like carring a rock around. It was just too big and bulky for my liking. I ended up going through about 5 different types of mp3 players last year and settled on a nano. Looking at the Zune 2 I don't see any type of upgrades from the first one besides the smaller and bigger hdd's. I'm assuming the 4gb and 8gb models are flash do compete with the ipod. IMO the ipod line is still more attractive. Ipod may help sell the flash zunes because the new nanos are ugly as hell.

EDIT: also, the zune still can't play Itunes songs, that's just stupid by microsoft. I understand they don't want apple to make money, but that really makes it hard to win over current ipod owners.

vonfeldt7

Slap me in the face then, because the iPod is much better than the Zune. It has a great streamlined interface and looks good too, plus it supports AAC and everything you can download from the Apple Store.

Well I think the Zune is better because it has a bigger screen, and is cheaper (not including the new iPods that are out).

I could care less about AAC support/downloading from the Apple Store.

footballstevo75

X2 slap me in the face also.
All of those reasons above plus one of the best, if not the best way to organize your music via itunes and smart playlists. AAC is great because of the excellent audio quality. Screen size is about the only draw back for videos, but other than that they are hard to surpass.. :)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy

Slap me also :D I like the ipod better than the Zune, especially the new line of ipods.

g4m3rof1337

Dont turn this into a war.

People are entitled to their opinions.

I own a MacBook and a Zune. So I am on both sides.

But, I personally have had a problem with an iPod Video.It fell half a foot, onto my mouse pad, and the screen cracked, and it wasn't under Apples warranty.

I may actually buy the new 80gb Zune.

epidemik

I must say, as even though im an ipod lover, i was fairly impressed by the zune.
Love the click wheel though. Havent used touch yet :(
I think zunes interface is prettier (even compared with the new one (not sure about ipod touch though) but i think ipod interface is more direct. Like less clicking and unlogical music grouping.-

BLK1985

I thought about upgrading to the new Zune but I just recently found out that they will be releasing the software for the old zunes. so really all your going to get is the bigger HD and the appearance.

Oh and I had an Ipod before this and was always having prolems, not a one with the Zune and Ive had it for the same period of time. And the best thing YOU DONT HAVE TO USE ITUNES.

kala83

isn't there something about how the batteries in ipods can't be replaced at all and where zunes you actually can? i thought my boyfriend told me something about how you can can change the battery one a zune but with ipods you can't do that. I am still debating if over the next mp3 player I want to get is a ipod a zune or something else.
I would like to look at something that can access the itunes songs..since their seems to be more on there. But not sure if that is only ipod that does that right now or not.

NJNETSFAN

I had a zune when they first came out, and that thing just seemed like carring a rock around. It was just too big and bulky for my liking. I ended up going through about 5 different types of mp3 players last year and settled on a nano. Looking at the Zune 2 I don't see any type of upgrades from the first one besides the smaller and bigger hdd's. I'm assuming the 4gb and 8gb models are flash do compete with the ipod. IMO the ipod line is still more attractive. Ipod may help sell the flash zunes because the new nanos are ugly as hell.

EDIT: also, the zune still can't play Itunes songs, that's just stupid by microsoft. I understand they don't want apple to make money, but that really makes it hard to win over current ipod owners.

I must say that in the past three weeks I have changed my mind and I am pro-zune 2. I think I may just have to get one. I just need to go check it out in person to see if I like how big it is and I like the fact that it comes with "premium" headphones already. My ipod headphones are just about crapping out after 11 months and I think its time to upgrade :).

footballstevo75

isn't there something about how the batteries in ipods can't be replaced at all and where zunes you actually can? i thought my boyfriend told me something about how you can can change the battery one a zune but with ipods you can't do that.

Wrong. You just have to open up your ipod to switch them out, no more complicated than building a pc :D