Zune Error, Help Please

dannaswolcott

I just got a zune from someone, It works fine on there computer with XP. But I can not get it to install on my windows vista laptop, Here is the error, Let me know what you think can fix this...... I have installed the most updated software for the zune on here, no help. Thanks in advance!

zuneerror.jpg

DCIScouts

VIP Member
There are two things I can think of... 1. MS is pretty protective about their Zunes, and you may not be able to buy one from a friend that has already used it and registered it (I don't really know, but knowing MS, it's not all that unlikely) or 2. The software on the Zune is looking for XP and has firmware for it, and is then looking for that version and can't accept the Vista version. See if your friend can get an updated version of the Zune software installed on there, particularly anything having to do with Vista compatability.

JTM

Make sure you are installing the most recent Zune installer with the correct system specifications (i.e. 32 bit or 64). Once that is installed try running the program without the device connected. Once the Zune software is booted and running connect your device and check for firmware updates. Post back with information.