Zune software Bug?

dave1701

This is my problem:

Zuneproblem.png

There is no play/pause or fast-forward button, kinda like it's cutoff. Anyone know how to fix this?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The controls circled in red in the bottom right hand corner.

Attachments

• Zuneproblem.jpg
    Zuneproblem.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 188

dave1701

Those buttons are Play/ Pause, Fast forward, Rewind, and stuff.

The time when this inconveniences me is when I'm browsing the web, and I want to pause a song.

I believe it is supposed to look something like windows media's:

winmedia.png

But the zune software is missing the play and fast forward buttons:

zune.png

User0one

To get the Zune Controls on the Taskbar, you need to have Zune minimized, and Zune Checked on Toolbars, like it has to be with WMP

These directions are for XP, not sure if Vista or 7 handle Zune differently.

Had a 7 computer in mothballs, and Zune works pretty much the same as with XP, in that you do have to have Zune Minimized to have the Play and Pause controls visible on the Taskbar when you Hover over the Zune Shortcut. Unlike XP though there is no check box under Toolbars for Zune and WMP

Last edited:

dave1701

This feature is not available in windows XP. This may be 7's fault and not even zune software. The wierd thing is that every once and a while (seemingly random) it works correctly showing the play, rewind and fast forward buttons. This is very rare.

User0one

Well in your first post, the picture shows Zune is not minimized so that is why the Play control are not seen in your picture

If it does the same when minimized you should just try reinstall the Zune software. MS has dropped Zune production so I suppose support for the software will drop at some point.

I use the Zune software just to load my Zune MP3 player with music and nothing more, so another option is use a better Music Player like Winamp for playing music on the computer, which is what I do.

I find the Zune software kind of clunky to use as a player also.