Zune Vs. Ipod.

PHATSPEED7x

I just bought my GF a 80GB Zune in red for her birthday. I got it all working, and synced all her music into it. It's a neat MP3 player. But Microsoft the people who made it (and control the world) make it so you can only use it with Microsoft based (PC) machines. I have a Apple Ipod, and run Linux on my computers. Both work very well with each other. So once again my gf is a Windows MS lover, and I'm a Linux Open source user.

cohen

Yeah, i like the ipod, but a lot of people like the Zune's.

Ipods are a very nice small machine :p

g4m3rof1337

I've tried the iPod Shuffle, Nano, and Video. The iPod Video fell half a foot onto my mouse pad and the screen cracked, and the screen isn't made by Apple, so it wasn't covered in the warranty.

I then switched to the Zune, and have had the first gen 30GB Zune for over a year now, and love it. It's fallen many times, while on and off, at different heights, and still looks and works brand new.

I still use the iPod Shuffle and Nano on occasion, but love the Zune.

Ethan3.14159

I've had a 1st and 2nd gen ipod nano. I now have a 30gb zune and I love it. It's like a brick and will be the only thing to survive the LHC :D

Droogie

I've always liked the simplicity of iPod's, although I hardly use mine and don't see myself needing to get a new one anytime soon.

patrickv

Ipod for me, i have never personally tried the zune hands on. so until i try then i will change my views

ScOuT

VIP Member
I bought a Zune for a little trip to the mountains of Afghanistan. I had the thing for 2 months and it just stopped working :( We were living at a small camp on the Pakistan border on the side of a mountain so I could not do anything about the warranty. Just had to throw it in the fire hole for trash. I never dropped it or miss-treated it in any way. Just plain stopped working! Bought an ipod and I've had it for a year now and never had any problems with it. It has been everywhere with me and works great. I will never buy a Zune again. I would buy a cheap off brand before I would have a Zune in my pocket!

g4m3rof1337

I bought a Zune for a little trip to the mountains of Afghanistan. I had the thing for 2 months and it just stopped working :( We were living at a small camp on the Pakistan border on the side of a mountain so I could not do anything about the warranty. Just had to throw it in the fire hole for trash. I never dropped it or miss-treated it in any way. Just plain stopped working! Bought an ipod and I've had it for a year now and never had any problems with it. It has been everywhere with me and works great. I will never buy a Zune again. I would buy a cheap off brand before I would have a Zune in my pocket!

I thought Tech Support is out there, lol.

footballstevo75

I still have my 5.5G 80gb ipod video and has fallen many times, works great still.

I think I am about to compromise storage capabilities for function though. I believe I will be picking up a 32 GB touch :D
Just for music though.

Ipod makes great mp3 players, plain and simple. Itunes is awesome also, but unfortunately not if you computer cannot handle the resources it demands.