ATI look like toys. Nvidia look professional.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Cm'on Corey, you're more mature than this! ;)

This thread is ok, it's purely based on how the cards look... :rolleyes:

On topic:

Yep, ATi cards do look more toy'ish while nVidia's look all elegant and what not but that doesn't matter IMO, unless you have a big-ass side window and you like to stare at your cards all day...

Archangel

VIP Member
to be honest.. my Nvidia Cards didnt look any better than my current Ati ones..
I mean, my 7800GTX's only started to look like something when I put those NVsilencers on them. (not to mention the stock coolers were LOUD! )

this is what (one) of my current cards looks like.. and I find it to look rather dashing:)
asushd3870in9nz3.jpg

Cleric7x9

Fanboy much?

Last time i checked, ATI's 4870 is right on par with the GTX 280. Which is what, $309 vs $659? :rolleyes:

Whats the point in making such a pointless thread anyway, childish. People come to this forum seeking help, not to come and run up on threads like this. They only complicate things, even more so for the people that are uneducated and want to learn a thing or two in the computer world.

Instead they get stuff like this:

people can create whatever threads they want, provided they arent against the rules. i like the thread, im glad to find out im not the only one who thinks ATI cards look like toys

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I was having a bad day yesterday, sorta come off like an ass, eh? :p

Anyway, i have a big side window and like to look at my computer more than the monitor. :D

BTW, some nvida cards look OK to me. As long as it doesn't feature the green PCB. :(

AMD Fanboy

So, i guess i could make a thread entitled:

ATI cards use Cheap Plastic but quality GPUs and Nvidia Cards use Quality Plastic and Cheap GPUs for an outlandish price.

Well, maybe that wouldn't all fit in the title bar, but i think my point is taken.

Ethan3.14159

ATI cards use Cheap Plastic but quality GPUs and Nvidia Cards use Quality Plastic and Cheap GPUs for an outlandish price.

Well, maybe that wouldn't all fit in the title bar, but i think my point is taken.

nvidia use cheap GPU's???? what backwards land are you from? nvidia may be overpriced but they are all quality parts. up until the 4800 series ati were the ones using cheap everything

Vitek

nvidia use cheap GPU's???? what backwards land are you from? nvidia may be overpriced but they are all quality parts. up until the 4800 series ati were the ones using cheap everything

They still do..... I am referring to ATI. That's why price is so low.

Archangel

VIP Member

yea,.. ati uses cheap plastic.. I mean, all my ati cards broke because of the excessive physical stress on them, while the plastic couldnt handle that.. >.>

XFX_GeForce_9800_GT_01.jpg

vs.
visiontek_4850_4870.jpg

yea,.. Ati is really way behind.. :rolleyes:

and no, i'm not a fanboy, I owned both nvidia and ati cards so far. besides that.. Ati only sells the GPU's and the template for a card,.. the manufacturers themself choose what kind of plastic etc they want to use on the cards. (same as nvidia)

lovely?

yeah so i guess its not exactly ati's fault that their cards look like crap, after all they only make the gpu not the pcb. but at the same time if they wanted it changed im sure it would happen.